• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Miami

Coheed

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I didn't mind the trade. We correctly assessed that we were too low to have a shot at one of the top QB prospects at #9. Evidently we were targeting #3 but the cost differential wasn't all that different to get to #1 so why not? We played much better down the stretch last year and had every reasonable expectation to believe that with better coaching we weren't going to be in a position. To draft any higher the following year. It was a rare situation where there were #1 overall caliber QB prospects available and the team sitting at #1 didn't want a QB so it was available.

Sometimes you have to be willing to roll the dice and take your shot. No one would be complaining about the trade right now if Bryce was playing like that other rookie QB.

I was angry with the trade at the time and turned off the Draft (something I never do) immediately after we made the pick as I was just deflated.

I don't think any of the QBs in this Draft were good enough to trade FIVE premium players for - especially on a roster that needs all the help it can get. That's SO, so much to give up. 

The 49ers have lucked out that Mr Irrelevant is competent enough to step in and keep their offence ticking over, but that Lance trade had the capacity to absolutely sink them - sadly it didn't. We've not been so lucky. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

This is a win now team and Bryce Young didn’t even need real rookie preseason reps.   That’s what the franchise told us.   

seems fair to critique the inability to do basics given that 

I never believed that, and thus I must able to evaluate more objectively than others.

i was also openly critical of his preseason workload 

also there’s nothing “basic” about it

Edited by Growl

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

Vertical passing game requires a lot of moving parts, lot of timing, lot of rapport, lot of interior protection. 

the panthers have a rookie QB with brand new players to throw to, a new offensive system, abysmal interior OL play, and question marks about the players on the perimeter.

it was always going to take a while to develop but none of that matters because people here who JUST WANT IT RIGHT NOW are inconsolable and trying to pass off their juvenile impatience as something akin to tell it like it is edgebro-ism

The vertical passing game also requires an above average NFL arm, bro. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Never plan to pick here again, I believe was the comment. 

lol such a dumb thing to say. He didn’t even need to say it and literally the following year they’re in a spot lower.

As long as Fitterer is here it tells us all we need to know about Dave’s involvement 

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

I was angry with the trade at the time and turned off the Draft (something I never do) immediately after we made the pick as I was just deflated.

I don't think any of the QBs in this Draft were good enough to trade FIVE premium players for - especially on a roster that needs all the help it can get. That's SO, so much to give up. 

The 49ers have lucked out that Mr Irrelevant is competent enough to step in and keep their offence ticking over, but that Lance trade had the capacity to absolutely sink them - sadly it didn't. We've not been so lucky. 

I convinced myself I was fine with any of Richardson, Stroud, or Bryce. I could fully understand the arguments for and against all three. 

But I wanted Richardson and I'd be panicking over his injury concerns if we'd drafted him. So I would've fuged it up too. 😂

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a block feature. Feel free to use it.

Some of y'all really must not remember all the mocking

TeDdY cAn'T tHrOw DeEp posts every time he'd complete a pass over 10 yards.

I'm just sayin'... it's the same vibes.

Let me get this straight. Someone posts a clip of probably the most respected football analyst right now reviewing Bryce’s film. In this video he gushes over his accuracy on multiple throws, his anticipation, even his arm strength on a deep out. GUSHES over a couple instances of Bryce throwing completely covered receivers open. 

And your response is he looks like Teddy Bridgewater, where’s the deep ball, he’s too conservative. anyone who disagrees with me keep on coping.

No buddy, people who love and understand the game of football see he is CLEARLY improving week by week, and looks like he can be a very good player in the future. You don’t want to see any of that though, you just want everyone else to be miserable with you.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

I never believed that, and thus I must able to evaluate more objectively than others.

i was also openly critical of his preseason workload 

also there’s nothing “basic” about it

I didn’t either.  But that’s what the team said and that’s how they behaved.  They deserve to be criticized. 

Bryce isn’t at the top of my list of complaints.  But I think it’s fair to talk about his limitations and ones that will never go away.  He needs a good team around him.  He doesn’t have the physical tools to mask problems in the manner some others do.  And that should be okay to talk about. 

14 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

At best you're looking at him developing into a competent NFL starting QB (a Jimmy G or a Tua), which isn't worth what we paid for him and just puts us in purgatory as a franchise. 

Tua is doing ok. Literally leading the NFL in every stat and is 4-1.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I didn't mind the trade. We correctly assessed that we were too low to have a shot at one of the top QB prospects at #9. Evidently we were targeting #3 but the cost differential wasn't all that different to get to #1 so why not? We played much better down the stretch last year and had every reasonable expectation to believe that with better coaching we weren't going to be in a position. To draft any higher the following year. It was a rare situation where there were #1 overall caliber QB prospects available and the team sitting at #1 didn't want a QB so it was available.

Sometimes you have to be willing to roll the dice and take your shot. No one would be complaining about the trade right now if Bryce was playing like that other rookie QB.

Shouldn’t have included Moore in it without a replacement. Stroud would look better than Bryce but would still have issues in our offense IMO, but yeah if we took him the trade would have been acceptable.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Shouldn’t have included Moore in it without a replacement. Stroud would look better than Bryce but would still have issues in our offense IMO, but yeah if we took him the trade would have been acceptable.

I said it at the time. If you're making this trade you CAN'T include your only proven WR in it. You just can't.

Given that I need to build around this rookie QB, Ickey and DJ would've been my two absolute red lines in terms of players involved in the trade.

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tua is doing ok. Literally leading the NFL in every stat and is 4-1.

Tua has a fantastic young and inventive HC.  Tua has the fastest WR/RB skill talent in the NFL and that features arguably the best WR in the NFL and the biggest coverage influencer at the position.  It’s just not Tua working hard on improving.  It takes a village.  And we are largely a deserted village. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I really don't understand the mocking posts when this was literally the messaging from the organization.

The mock the organization that sold you that crock, sure. But many of us have accepted what this team is in reality: A team lacking talent and an identity, with a young QB we have to build around. 

• Pie 2