• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Miami

Coheed

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Did the 5 obvious throws 

The one to Thielen that has been posted by everyone. Touchdown to Thielen. The far hash combacker to Mingo. Then the two balls he threw his guys open in Thielen and Hurst

Supporting cast blows. Bryce can still improve in some areas

Nothing ground breaking in this video

Nothing against JT as I am not familiar with his work but I didnt realize this was his format to just cherry pick plays.  I thought he did kindof a speed review of the game and the play of the qb.  It really doesnt give you a overall sense of how a qb is playing if you omit the bad IMO. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yeah okay see that's a hyperbole. That's false. Bryce has deep passing ability. 

but also

Both Bryce and the Panthers offensive unit can do better to take more efficient deep shots. 

People combating putting all the blame on Bryce are just tried of arguing that it may not just be all on the rookie QB on a bad team. 

Ask yourself this. Why does Bryce Young still look as ineffective throwing deep as he did back in fanfest at BOA when he Corral and Dalton all went through the same passing drills and both looked better than him throwing deep? Remind me. Where is Corral right now?

Edited by frankw

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Nothing against JT as I am not familiar with his work but I didnt realize this was his format to just cherry pick plays.  I thought he did kindof a speed review of the game and the play of the qb.  It really doesnt give you an overall sense of how a qb is playing if you omit the bad IMO. 

No he does misses/bad too. 

I edited my post, he did 6 of the good throws. I skim through his videos. He takes forever to breakdown plays. There’s other guys that fly through their stuff and I like that more. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So 14:50 is where he attempts he deep pass to Chark to those who are interested.  He has to rush it because he OG is worthless and gets hit at the end of his motion.  However it was an overthrow by about 4-5 yards.  If he could have held it for one more split second it would have been nice.  This tells me he is capable of hitting deep throws, he needs a decent interior OL to do it regularly, but the arm talent to get the ball there was fine just rushed it causing an overthrow.  

Better watch out; you'll make the mods angry with that kind of fact-based, logical talk.

Just now, frankw said:

Ask yourself this. Why does Bryce Young still look as ineffective throwing deep as he did back in fanfest at BOA when he Corral and Dalton all went through the same passing drills and both looked better than him throwing deep? Remind me. Where is Corrall right now?

Because he's a rookie. You're really going to compare an early practice with game 5 in his rookie season on a bad team then idk man.

Nobody's saying it won't remain a problem but also even if it is...there's other things to bild around Bryce with? At least he CAN throw deep, unlike Teddy who couldn't and wouldn't? 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

No he does misses/bad too. 

I edited my post, he did 6 of the good throws. I skim through his videos. He takes forever to breakdown plays. There’s other guys that fly through their stuff and I like that more. 

yeah the GL hit/overthrow was interesting to hear, bryce just stared down his wr and got leveled for it.  Seems to be a major issue with him and he needs to work on it asap.  Staring down wrs either leads to turnovers and/or getting decapitated

• Pie 2

Just now, Rags said:

Because he's a rookie. You're really going to compare an early practice with game 5 in his rookie season on a bad team then idk man.

Nobody's saying it won't remain a problem but also even if it is...there's other things to bild around Bryce with? At least he CAN throw deep, unlike Teddy who couldn't and wouldn't? 

I don't like the Teddy comparisons but there are some parallels in terms of all the short attempts at or within 10 yards of the LOS. And others have noted Bryce Young has looked different throwing deep since the conclusion of Alabama's 2021 season.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I don't like the Teddy comparisons but there are some parallels in terms of all the short attempts at or within 10 yards of the LOS. And others have noted Bryce Young has looked different throwing deep since the conclusion of Alabama's 2021 season.

I'll still argue you can work more with "kinda inaccurate deep" than "Can't go deep at all" which is why I'll give any legs to the Teddy comparisons. 

And yeah the answer is obvious - he lost JMo. Nothing wrong with having an elite deep threat. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Im curious and might have to go back and see if Bryce ever completed a long ball to any WR at Bama where there was a guy within 4-5 yards of them

Might take him a while to learn that ain’t the normal in the NFL

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yeah Bryce is actually taking deepshots. Teddy just fuging didn't 

Addressed this in another thread, but Teddy's next gen pass charts are still available for his time in Carolina. 

Reality is, Teddy Bridgwater attacked the field deep more than Bryce Young is doing.   And it's really not close.   And that's not claiming Teddy did it much.  But it doesn't exist under Young to date for whatever reason.   Teddy factually had shots and completions downfield. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He wasnt billed as a rookie from april until Labor day.

If the team misjudged this dude that much then I think we are in a world of fuging hurt for 3 seasons

That's your problem if you didn't see him as a rookie.

He's a rookie.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1