• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Miami

Coheed

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is so reminiscent of Teddy. The inability to throw deep. The conservative approach. The small group of folks trying to cope.

I'm ok with Teddy for a rookie through the first 5 games, but he and our offense needs to progress past it.  Let's hope Brown can get our whole offense more aggressive and Young some looks down the field for him to take.  

• Pie 2

Bryce made some of his best throws so far.  There have been incremental improvements in the last two games that are at least checking the boxes of "Show me something" or "Show some improvement".  

There's plenty here for both the supporters and doubters to have another round of ammunition to fuel the bye week debates.  

I was happy to see Bryce have some success and spot us a two score lead on Miami.  It was the most entertaining and promising quarter of the year so far.  It never felt like we could sustain it, but it did feel nice for a bit.  

I'm anxious for this Houston game tbh.  Home game, Bryce vs CJ, T.Brown interviewed for their HC gig and will be calling plays AND we have an extra week to get healthy and game plan.  Panthers desperately want to break into the win column and these next three games are our best chance.  There's a lot in working in our favor.  There hasn't been a bigger moment for our young QB than this upcoming game.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Are we having the discussion about his deep accuracy or his "lack of physical tools" to go deep?

Because one is absolutely worth discussion and one is just flat out false.

I am talking about what sullivan has said 3x now a little halfway through.   This is my 3rd or 4rth sullivan video watch and I am getting his overall vibe.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I am talking about what sullivan has said 3x now a little halfway through.   This is my 3rd or 4rth sullivan video watch and I am getting his overall vibe.

No I get it, it is a common theme in his videos and it's worth discussing.

I think it is absolutely worth a discussion if Bryce is accurate deep. But I don't think it's a Teddy "he just won't" situation. 

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Rags said:

And look, the moderators do nothing but berate people with dissenting opinions and wonder why the forum is dying! 

Looks like the huddle is getting plenty of clicks. But there are people here who simply will not tolerate others not following the carefully crafted narrative that tiptoes around Bryce Young having basically zero deep passing ability.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Based on what? Where is the actual proof that he can effectively throw deep in the NFL?

None yet, but he's taking the shots and it's his...5th game? 3rd game with his only deep threat on the roster and we're a team with notably bad o-line play and provably bad seperation.

Can he take more risks? Yeah sure but like it's game fuging 6 and there's other things you absolutely can build on. The fact that he is taking deep shots and they are relatively close give me more optimism than concern but like, heaven forbid if people say that.

So 14:50 is where he attempts he deep pass to Chark to those who are interested.  He has to rush it because he OG is worthless and gets hit at the end of his motion.  However it was an overthrow by about 4-5 yards.  If he could have held it for one more split second it would have been nice.  This tells me he is capable of hitting deep throws, he needs a decent interior OL to do it regularly, but the arm talent to get the ball there was fine just rushed it causing an overthrow.  

• Pie 5

Positive throw wise he did the 6 obvious throws 

The one to Thielen that has been posted by everyone. First down to Thielen. Touchdown to Thielen. The far hash combacker to Mingo. Then the two balls he threw his guys open in Thielen and Hurst

Supporting cast blows. Bryce can still improve in some areas

Nothing ground breaking in this video

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Looks like the huddle is getting plenty of clicks. But there are people here who simply will not tolerate others not following the carefully crafted narrative that tiptoes around Bryce Young have basically zero deep passing ability.

Yeah okay see that's a hyperbole. That's false. Bryce has deep passing ability. 

but also

Both Bryce and the Panthers offensive unit can do better to take more efficient deep shots. 

People combating putting all the blame on Bryce are just tried of arguing that it may not just be all on the rookie QB on a bad team.