• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was word earlier that Shanahan had called Wilks into a meeting with some speculation that he might be fired, but I haven't heard anything further about that.

Going from being the next head coach in waiting to being fired from a coordinator spot midseason would be a hell of a fall from grace.

There is a report that SF traded with Washington to get Chase Young.  If so, that might be why he was called in.  

SF only gave up a 3rd round pick for Young.  I have not watched the Commanders, but I thought Young was a strong edge rusher at least I know he was in his first few years.  I know he is in the final year of his rookie deal, but thought he would command more than a 3rd rounder.  if he plays well that defensive line will be nasty with him Bosa, Hargrave etc.  

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I find it interesting that people are talking about the SF defense.  With 7 turnovers in the last three games, might need to point the finger at the other side.  The reality is that most of the time, the more you turn the ball over, the more the other team scores.  

They are 16th in total pts allowed, 25th against the pass, 8th against the run, have allowed the 11th fewest pts, ARE tied for the most INTs, but are at the near bottom in Fumbles, and are 12th in sacks. They're no world beater this season. I only know this, because as mentioned, they are one of my Fantasy teams. They are the 15th ranked D by fantasy pts in the NFL right now.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:31 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They are 16th in total pts allowed, 25th against the pass, 8th against the run, have allowed the 11th fewest pts, ARE tied for the most INTs, but are at the near bottom in Fumbles, and are 12th in sacks. They're no world beater this season. I only know this, because as mentioned, they are one of my Fantasy teams. They are the 15th ranked D by fantasy pts in the NFL right now.

They are fifth in points allowed per game.  

Reality is that without all the turnovers, they would likely be 7-1, or maybe 8-0.