• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which, in Nguyen's analysis, means overpaying for him not once but twice.

Would it be overpaying to trade a second round pick for Brian Burns? Respectfully, I completely disagree with his assessment here. We would be crucified for trading Burns away for a second. This guy has more sacks than Burns this year and doesn't have the same hole Burns has in his game of being one of the worst edge defenders against the run in the NFL. Like, dude is a complete player. 

The Bears trading a 2nd for Sweat definitely isn't overpaying. I honestly thought the Commanders probably should've traded Young instead. He's been their version of Jaycee Horn. Good when available but rarely available. Young could've probably fetched them more on the trade market and he'll be more costly to re-sign to boot.

What surprises me is that the Bears were buyers on the market but I guess they are sitting pretty with draft capital right now.

47 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

This, Jamo or Jalen Johnson would be an excellent forward-thinking move. Probalby comes down to assets going out from Carolina, which will most likely be too expensive for us.

Still holding out hope that TMJ + 4th gets us a reuniting of Bryce and Jamo Williams.

Not a chance in hell. Lions would have zero motivation to do that. Like what is their motivation to move on and not keep developing him? Why would they be that desperate to give up a 2022 first rounder for a 4th round pick? Makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Would it be overpaying to trade a second round pick for Brian Burns? Respectfully, I completely disagree with his assessment here. We would be crucified for trading Burns away for a second. This guy has more sacks than Burns this year and doesn't have the same hole Burns has in his game of being one of the worst edge defenders against the run in the NFL. Like, dude is a complete player. 

If you were to ask a bunch of NFL GMs to evaluate the two, I kinda doubt you'd find many who'd put a higher value on Montez Sweat than Brian Burns, especially given the context of their situations.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bears trading a 2nd for Sweat definitely isn't overpaying. I honestly thought the Commanders probably should've traded Young instead. He's been their version of Jaycee Horn. Good when available but rarely available. Young could've probably fetched them more on the trade market and he'll be more costly to re-sign to boot.

What surprises me is that the Bears were buyers on the market but I guess they are sitting pretty with draft capital right now.

• Pie 1