• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Both Sam Darnold and P.J. Walker starting this Sunday.

Rags

On 10/25/2023 at 4:24 PM, frankw said:

If our #1 pick can't outperform either of these two yeah it's going to be a rough night on the huddle.

PJ Walker is complete trash and not even a NFL caliber QB stop it. Stop acting like a silly fan you’re better than that. Darnold should play well. If you put Bryce on the 49ers today he’d be a MVP candidate. 

On 10/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bold prediction Darnold will play well and will keep the starting job for the rest of the season.

You heard it here first!

I said that the moment the 49ers signed him. Purdy is decent but that offense is designed to make it easy on the QB. Darnold has arm talent, he’s just a straight up goober with the football sometimes. With Shanahan coaching him and scheming the offense, Darnold is going to light it up. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

PJ Walker is complete trash and not even a NFL caliber QB stop it. Stop acting like a silly fan you’re better than that. Darnold should play well. If you put Bryce on the 49ers today he’d be a MVP candidate. 

PJ Walker in 2020

Lavar Ball GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

PJ Walker in 2021

PJ Walker in 2023

and the dude has a winning record to this day when called up.  Walker isn't complete trash.  He just isn't a starting QB in the NFL.  And literally no one ever positioned him to be anything but a backup.  And often the 3rd string back up.  Complete trash 3rd string backup QBs.... can't maintain a winning record when called upon to step in year after year.  PJ always has gotten unfair heat because of people were angry the starters we invested in frankly aren't really any better than PJ.  PJ Walker was the last QB we have employed for some time that actually did the job he was employed to be well.  And his job was backup QB.   

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

PJ Walker in 2020

PJ Walker in 2021

PJ Walker in 2023

and the dude has a winning record to this day when called up.  Walker isn't complete trash.  He just isn't a starting QB in the NFL.  And literally no one ever positioned him to be anything but a backup.  And often the 3rd string back up.  Complete trash 3rd string backup QBs.... can't maintain a winning record when called upon to step in year after year.  PJ always has gotten unfair heat because of people were angry the starters we invested in frankly aren't really any better than PJ.  PJ Walker was the last QB we have employed for some time that actually did the job he was employed to be well.  And his job was backup QB.   

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/p.j.-walker-career-record-as-starter

I'm showing a 5-3 record which is great, but 8 INTs to 4 TDs 61% completions with 6.5 yards per attempt.  He isn't what I would want in a backup because he is a wildcard IMO.  He may look great one play and terrible the next.  I'd rather have a Dalton with a higher floor and lower ceiling game manager type of backup.  Teddy for example is a great backup.  

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/p.j.-walker-career-record-as-starter

I'm showing a 5-3 record which is great, but 8 INTs to 4 TDs 61% completions with 6.5 yards per attempt.  He isn't what I would want in a backup because he is a wildcard IMO.  He may look great one play and terrible the next.  I'd rather have a Dalton with a higher floor and lower ceiling game manager type of backup.  Teddy for example is a great backup.  

but PJ Walker largely enters each season as the 3rd string QB.  That's why I don't get the heat people give him.  Even Dalton enters each year in the 2nd string tier. 

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, CRA said:

but PJ Walker largely enters each season as the 3rd string QB.  That's why I don't get the heat people give him.  Even Dalton enters each year in the 2nd string tier. 

Yeah he is about right for a 3rd stringer IMO.  I'd prefer a development younger QB, but he works.

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Bryce Young has a lower YPA than PJ Walker. I don't like it but that's what it is right now. Bryce can make a great deal of progress this weekend. I hope he does.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

PJ Walker in 2020

PJ Walker in 2021

PJ Walker in 2023

You can’t watch those games this year with him and Cleveland and think them winning has anything to do with him. He’s The Golden Calf of Bristol bad. 

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bryce Young has a lower YPA than PJ Walker. I don't like it but that's what it is right now. Bryce can make a great deal of progress this weekend. I hope he does.

And a lower QBR and everything else. He’s trash. Hasn’t thrown a TD yet with a much better team around him. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Only because guys like PJ don’t qualify. PJ’s is lower on a much better team. 

Obviously PJ Walker is not a starting caliber QB. But when you draft a guy #1 and trade a player and future picks you should expect that guy to be head and shoulders above the likes of PJ Walker. Like in another league better. Let's hope Bryce has a good game Sunday. We need something positive to discuss.