• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 9 or also known as 'As the Harbrough Turns'

jayboogieman

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

Harbaugh is a crooked, cheating, morally void coach.  His day will come

if it worked for the Patriots, why shouldn't coaches mimic it.  It isn't like Harbaugh is the only one.   He just is the only one caught.  I personally equate it to paying players back in the day.  Occasionally a team would get busted.  It was widespread.  I suspect tons of teams are doing variations of this. 

There is some clip of an old Denver player talking about Josh McD.  They brought it to Denver.  Then McDaniel's guy got busted.   But he said before that happened, the coaches could tell them exactly what was going to go down on a given play. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

if it worked for the Patriots, why shouldn't coaches mimic it.  It isn't like Harbaugh is the only one.   He just is the only one caught.  I personally equate it to paying players back in the day.  Occasionally a team would get busted.  It was widespread.  I suspect tons of teams are doing variations of this. 

There is some clip of an old Denver player talking about Josh McD.  They brought it to Denver.  Then McDaniel's guy got busted.   But he said before that happened, the coaches could tell them exactly what was going to go down on a given play. 

He is the only one to be this stupid in the way they do it. I mean.....records??? LMAO

34 minutes ago, Varking said:

Not a lot of good games this week. It appears my Gators have a second bye week in a row. I’ll guess I’ll watch some other games!

Yeah, this seems to be a down week with Oregon vs Utah at 3:30 on Fox likely the best game of the weekend. Duke vs Louisville at 3:30 on ESPN might also be worth checking out though.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

You know how the NFL does the joint practices but it doesn’t count against your record? Pretty sure that’s all this is this week!

The game is in the swamp so maybe they can keep it close and stay in it.  I will watch this one

Edited by Shocker

59 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, this seems to be a down week with Oregon vs Utah at 3:30 on Fox likely the best game of the weekend. Duke vs Louisville at 3:30 on ESPN might also be worth checking out though.

Yeah, in terms of competitive matchups between good teams those look to be the best bets of the day.

If you coach big time college football / NFL and aren't changing your signaling week to week, you're an idiot and deserve to lose. 

Reminds me of the 2015 NFC Championship game when the Panthers used the exact same terminology and audibles from the Divisional Round and Seattle knew every play that was coming.  Speaking of idiots and losers, John Fox at his finest.  

In related news, Fuuuccckkk Mack Brown.  Go Heels.    

4 minutes ago, JVic said:

In related news, Fuuuccckkk Mack Brown.  Go Heels.    

I cannot comprehend this type of thoughts process at all. Look at where this program was. Fedora had us in the gutter. Look where we are now.

I'll never claim that Brown is a good Xs and Os guys or a good game day coach. He isn't. But he's a recruiter and a program builder and that's what we desperately needed. He has done what he was hired to do which was get this program back on track. The real trick is nailing the long-term replacement hire. Because everyone knew that Mack Brown was a short term fix.