• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 4 big moves to help Bryce

CRA

7 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Sanders got paid and checked out 

See I don't believe that. I think Sanders came here hungry and wanted to prove he was a feature back, but bro is just having a bad year. He can't seem to get going. Chuba falls forward for more yards than miles runs for. I feel bad for bro, but maybe what we are seeing here is what they saw coming in Philly and why they reduced his role and were ok letting him go.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Future of the Funchise said:

See I don't believe that. I think Sanders came here hungry and wanted to prove he was a feature back, but bro is just having a bad year. He can't seem to get going. Chuba falls forward for more yards than miles runs for. I feel bad for bro, but maybe what we are seeing here is what they saw coming in Philly and why they reduced his role and were ok letting him go.

He proved to be a flawed committee RB in Philly.  A really good team told us what he was. 

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Be honest we need a lot around Bryce.

Start by retooling this Oline. Start by moving Ickey to guard!

Sign Tee Higgins in FA.

Use our draft picks on Oline maybe we find a diamond in the rough.

We need help and it's not coming overnight.

If we are honest the retooling has to start in the front office.   Because essentially every “issue” was largely obvious going in while they were calling it a win now and plug a QB in O. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

If we are honest the retooling has to start in the front office.   Because essentially every “issue” was largely obvious going in while they were calling it a win now and plug a QB in O. 

I don't have any trust in Tepper hiring the right people.

It has to be a coach who has full power so Tepper can just stick to being a owner and not a GM.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Be honest we need a lot around Bryce.

Start by retooling this Oline. Start by moving Ickey to guard!

Sign Tee Higgins in FA.

Use our draft picks on Oline maybe we find a diamond in the rough.

We need help and it's not coming overnight.

I see nothing wrong with the logic expressed in your post. We desperately need a playmaker at WR and help on the O-line. But, Why do you think Tee Higgins, or any top FA in their prime, would want to come play for the Panthers?

This franchise has lost a lot of prestige since Tepper took over the team. I can't  see a top tier FA viewing Carolina as a desirable landing spot. 5 straight losing seasons prior to 2023.  Never had back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years of existence. Terrible front office. Coaching staff(s) seem to struggle developing draft picks after round one.

Unless a guy grew up as a Panther fan, or no other team want to play them what they want, why would top FA want sign Carolina?

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I see nothing wrong with the logic expressed in your post. We desperately need a playmaker at WR and help on the O-line. But, Why do you think Tee Higgins, or any top FA in their prime, would want to come play for the Panthers?

This franchise has lost a lot of prestige since Tepper took over the team. I can't  see a top tier FA viewing Carolina as a desirable landing spot. 5 straight losing seasons prior to 2023.  Never had back to back winning seasons in almost 30 years of existence. Terrible front office. Coaching staff(s) seem to struggle developing draft picks after round one.

Unless a guy grew up as a Panther fan, or no other team want to play them what they want, why would top FA want sign Carolina?

99% of the NFL plays for paychecks.  Professional athletes in general.   If you want Higgins or whoever.....you can almost get anyone if the dollar says so. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Money talks.

I understand why you would think that. I said we would have to overpay Tee Higgins for him to even consider us.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

99% of the NFL plays for paychecks.  Professional athletes in general.   If you want Higgins or whoever.....you can almost get anyone if the dollar says so. 

Your "hired mercenary" opinion is probably spot on for a lot of pro athletes. I would feel the same way if I were a low draft pick trying to cash in bigtime on my 2nd  contract. But, if I were already a millionaire (and Tee Higgins already is. He's made over $7mil prior to this season; and will have made $10 mil by the end of 2023 ), I'd want to go out and have fun week in and week out. I couldn't do that if I were playing for a mediocre/bottom tier franchise like Carolina. I'd 25% to 30% less to play for a solid competitor. Millionaires can always find ways to make even more money off of the playing field. But, we all have different ways of viewing things so I'm sure a lot of people on the forum would disagree with my point of view.

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Not sure how you can give anything other than an F to Sanders, Hurst and Chark

Well, give Sanders and Hurst whatever you wish.  I conceded a D was generous. 

I had Chark at a grade higher because he is cheaper and has been more productive than Sanders and Hurst.