• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young doesn't have a superprocessor, he is literally costing us games

TN05

3 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

People need to calm down, Bryce can still get it together. Its also hard to know if this entire system is just not suited for him and he is in an awful situation. He looked atrocious Sunday I agree but it was just one start.  Hed been showing improvements before. I think this Thursday will tell a lot about him, how he responds. 

Bryce really has been the same dude overall on the year.  A bad game last week but I haven't really seen much change with him week to week.  

I think he plays the game too safe.  Which is causing him issues because the adjustment defenses have clearly made.  Well, they essentially have played the same way vs him since week 1.  Now maybe the coaches are making him play that way.  Who knows.   

I wish they would just go under C run the ball.  And build a play action game.  Who cares what the ideal vision is.  It ain't going to work this year. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce really has been the same dude overall on the year.  A bad game last week but I haven't really seen much change with him week to week.  

I think he plays the game too safe.  Which is causing him issues because the adjustment defenses have clearly made.  Well, they essentially have played the same way vs him since week 1.  Now maybe the coaches are making him play that way.  Who knows.   

I wish they would just go under C run the ball.  And build a play action game.  Who cares what the ideal vision is.  It ain't going to work this year. 

Did you skip Week 8 like most people in this thread? He definitely looked improved —couple folks scrambling to delete where they said that — and I’ve already addressed how he’s likely to not often be that good this year but he won’t throw three picks every week either.  People on here are just so manic.  

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And for all the talk about Bryce's height, seeing the field didn't seem to be the issue in this last game.  On the first pick 6, he just made a bad decision.  On the second, he overthrew the receiver, seeing the field wasn't an issue.  And on the third one, he underthrew the receiver.  

I am not saying he will fix those mistakes; I genuinely don't know.  But if he does, he will be a good qb, if not, well the next few years are going to be as bad as the last few.  

He throws from his tippy toes and does that hop throw far too much for my taste

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Did you skip Week 8 like most people in this thread? He definitely looked improved —couple folks scrambling to delete where they said that — and I’ve already addressed how he’s likely to not often be that good this year but he won’t throw three picks every week either.  People on here are just so manic.  

He is largely playing the position the same way each week. Outcomes sometimes are going to be better or worse.  It's football.  So you get a week 8s and week 9s. 

I mean, there is an issue w/ Bryce.  Who knows if that Frank or Bryce.  But the biggest issue in terms of our football success right now is Frank Reich and Scott.  Not Bryce.  I've largely not given Bryce much heat this year.   

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

He is largely playing the position the same way each week. Outcomes sometimes are going to be better or worse.  It's football.  So you get a week 8s and week 9s. 

I mean, there is an issue w/ Bryce.  Who knows if that Frank or Bryce.  But the biggest issue in terms of our football success right now is Frank Reich and Scott.  Not Bryce.  I've largely not given Bryce much heat this year.   

I’m not saying you have, I’m just addressing the claim he hasn’t improved. He has, and he showed  it against Houston and then just made some bad rookie decisions against Indy. He needs to bounce back from that. 

But people want epic games every week and for a myriad of reasons — a certain LT among them — that’s unrealistic. 

The super processor poo is funny bc often, as has been proven on game clips, there’s nothing to process because no one is open when he completes his drop and there are two DL in his lap — in which case it’s “he hold muh ball too lawng” to a certain few. 

inb4 “ur defending broken super computer processor megahertz AOL laptop midget” One can point out factual inaccuracies and still say a game is indefensible 

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I’m not saying you have, I’m just addressing the claim he hasn’t improved. He has, and he showed  it against Houston and then just made some bad rookie decisions against Indy. He needs to bounce back from that. 

But people want epic games every week and for a myriad of reasons — a certain LT among them — that’s unrealistic. 

I think people just want 1 really good game.  And that's not really going to be measured on a stat sheet. Or just one game with some really special moments.  To actually believe he is worth the pick/investment at this level.  I don't think Bryce has delivered that moment yet. 

Stroud and Richardson both checked that box for their teams. 

But I concede this team has zero people that can make a play for him.   Players or coaches don't seem to be able to set it up.  I mean, the best chance we have for a big play come from a meh RB (Hubbard) or a bad WR (Shenault).  I thought Chark at least was going to bring a niche element to the team but really can't even get open on his own either. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think people just want 1 really good game.  And that's not really going to be measured on a stat sheet. Or just one game with some really special moments.  To actually believe he is worth the pick/investment at this level.  I don't think Bryce has delivered that moment yet. 

Stroud and Richardson both checked that box for their teams. 

But I concede this team has zero people that can make a play for him.   Players or coaches don't seem to be able to set it up.  I mean, the best chance we have for a big play come from a meh RB (Hubbard) or a bad WR (Shenault).  I thought Chark at least was going to bring a niche element to the team but really can't even get open on his own either. 

I'd love a good 375-yard game but hell, Cam only had a few of those in his entire career. Plus, with the WRs he's good, you're talking probably 200 yards of those needing to come from Thielen -- which, I hope he makes All-Pro, but we both know that situation won't come to pass.

Regarding the special moments, this was absolutely filthy, the type play that's better than most of Stroud's throws. Pressured, spins out of a sack, eyes downfield, deep throw on target to a WR who is not wide open: 

This throw on 4th and 2 is impressive both from QB and WR. A 15-play, 86-yard drive to win a game would be "damn, AR's got that clutch gene, supercomputer midget processor can't do that" if it happened in Indy: 

So, yeah, I agree. I'd like to have seen some more big plays and coming from someone who wanted Stroud all the way, it sucks that this team once again made the wrong pick. But until time travel exists, we're stuck with who we have, and there's no use becoming a Texans fan over it. If he gets better, great. A good OL sure would help. but if not, hey, the No. 1 overall's only one season away.

51 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I saw it the other way around. People didn't really get in the Bryce train until right before the draft after the FO began leaking that he was the pick. People talked about Bryce like a dog. Sure there may have been a few talking about the S2 test, but I don't believe that most people pay that kinda stuff any mind. 

I said that the FO had to get the pick right---especially if there was a big dichotomy between their play---or they'd deserve what they get as far as criticism. Well, it's not looking great, but Young needs a better line and better weapons.

I think most were high on Stroud initially. Then those scores came out and everyone turned on him. There were a few weird outliers that were bought in on Richardson and maybe one person on Levis. But I stand firm that the overwhelming majority were sold on Bryce at least a few weeks out from the draft.

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd love a good 375-yard game but hell, Cam only had a few of those in his entire career. Plus, with the WRs he's good, you're talking probably 200 yards of those needing to come from Thielen -- which, I hope he makes All-Pro, but we both know that situation won't come to pass.

Regarding the special moments, this was absolutely filthy, the type play that's better than most of Stroud's throws. Pressured, spins out of a sack, eyes downfield, deep throw on target to a WR who is not wide open: 

This throw on 4th and 2 is impressive boh from QB and WR. A 15-play, 86-yard drive to win a game would be "damn, AR's got that clutch gene, supercomputer midget processor can't do that" if it happened in Indy: 

So, yeah, I agree. I'd like to have seen some more big plays and coming from someone who wanted Stroud all the way, it sucks that this team once again made the wrong pick. But until time travel exists, we're stuck with who we have, and there's no use becoming a Texans fan over it. If he gets better, great. A good OL sure would help. but if not, hey, the No. 1 overall's only one season away.

He doesn't even need a monster game.  He just needs some special moments within a game to check the box and make people feel good. 

and Cam delivered those near weekly.  I mean, even in a game Cam played like trash....he could give you a moment and you would be like.....well, that's why I drafted him.  No one can do that.  That's hope.   You can attach to that. 

and while Bryce has some good plays.  Hell, every QB that plays more than a handful will have some good plays.  PJ Walker can have some good plays. I still don't think he has checked the box where you go, yeah, drafting him #1 makes sense yet.  But again, he has no one to really pair up w/ to make the play.   And the coaches don't seem capable or even trying to scheme up anything.  I mean, they do attempt their one or two schemed up plays for Shenault a game when healthy but even those are relatively predictable  

we have a MASSIVE talent issue around Bryce.  Blame whoever.  Someone is to blame.  And you got to start changing whose involved in that.  I'd start with Fitt. He seems to be the biggest red flag.  Been at least part of too many horrific decisions.   If it ain't Fitt, Tepper knows who it is, then just move on from Frank if you let him hand pick what went down.  Because this is a joke around Young.  And folks should of seen this all coming.  I can't stand Tepper, but even if he hand picked the QB....he has a right to be mad if the other 2 did the rest. 

and you have to blame Frank for being just a flat out bad coach.  Even if he didn't want any of this talent.   He is doing a poor job working with what he has. 

• Beer 1

The best Bryce has put together is a game where the team that earned the #2 pick completely did not come to play that day...Then lost by 2 points...Holy fug that is not something to bring up in support even if the desperate masses came out of the woodwork for a 1 week celebration before another long hibernation.

It moved him from 31st to 27th lol Link. I can't wait to see this weeks numbers...

• Pie 1