• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud and I can definitely see an argument for Reich wanting Stroud as well. For starters, a typical Reich QB looks like C.J. Stroud.

And if the above is the case then what really worries me is how much can McCown and Reich do before exasperation kicks in? Reich already looks worn out.

Being a football coach is still a job and just like other jobs, how much can you really give in a situation that is totally fuged especially when you know that it could have been different if the organization followed your guidance.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud and I can definitely see an argument for Reich wanting Stroud as well. For starters, a typical Reich QB looks like C.J. Stroud.

And if the above is the case then what really worries me is how much can McCown and Reich do before exasperation kicks in? Reich already looks worn out.

Being a football coach is still a job and just like other jobs, how much can you really give in a situation that is totally fuged especially when you know that it could have been different if the organization followed your guidance.

In that clip of them meeting with Stroud on the practice field you could kinda see it. McCown was very drawn to him while Tepper was kinda just there with the "Alright guys, y'all ready to head out? This was for appearance sake only. We're drafting Bryce Young." energy 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not...if it's Tepper making the decisions.

I think it is time for Fitterer to get let go.  I feel bad to an extent because of a meddling owner.  That said, I think Morgan has the cajones to stand up to Tepper.  It's either gonna go one of two ways if Morgan is Fitterer's successor, either Dan will hold the GM title a very short time due to insubordination or Tepper will actually respect someone that pushes back on his BS.

Edited by 45catfan

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Here are the potential dynamics of the draft decision and what they mean:

Tepper made or influenced the decision: Then what's the point of firing anybody if they were just doing what the owner wanted?

Fitterer made or influenced the decision: This is the one condition where it would make sense to fire Fitterer.

The decision was made collaboratively: Again, who do you fire when everybody came to the decision together? Everyone? And then let David Tepper rebuild the team from scratch? Oh hell, no.

Which of these is reality? No idea, but again that's why I would want to see somebody brought in to look over all of it.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In that clip of them meeting with Stroud on the practice field you could kinda see it. McCown was very drawn to him while Tepper was kinda just there with the "Alright guys, y'all ready to head out? This was for appearance sake only. We're drafting Bryce Young." energy 

In McCown’s pre-draft videos (before he was hired by the Panthers), he raved about Stroud.

Which brings me back to my point of how long until you see McCown and/or Reich look defeated. Toward the end of Ron’s tenure here you could just see he looked defeated, though it was his own doing.

In this scenario, if Reich and McCown truly wanted Stroud how much more can they give to help Young get better if they never believed in him in the first place.

I’m not saying they will give up but you can see demeanors change in people especially when they are in charge of something that they don’t believe in.

As I mentioned before, Reich already looks worn out.

Unfortunately, I can see this scenario ending where everyone gets canned and we have to start over again… but due to trading away our draft picks that might be two years down the road.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm still defending Reich, but have thrown the towel in on Fitterer.  He had one last chance to fix some of his prior goofs by dealing Burns.   He stood firm, which means he's all in on this season of which to any other onlooker is a rolling dumpster fire on a collision course with a gas station pump.  Had he invested into the future by getting capital and admitting this season is toast, at least it would have shown ownership of said past errors.

Frank inherited this mess. He's not totally blameless, but he's a lot further down the totem pole in the blame game than the scouts, Fitterer and the Teppers.

The decision on Burns is another one where I still have questions.

First off, if the offers were underwhelming, then what difference does it make?

Second, it's possible that better offers will come this offseason.

Third, dynamics are still a question. Is Tepper influencing this decision as well?

Those are the kinds of things I would want to know before saying anything for sure.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The decision was made collaboratively: Again, who do you fire when everybody came to the decision together? Everyone? And then let David Tepper rebuild the team from scratch? Oh hell, no.

Which of these is reality? No idea, but again that's why I would want to see somebody brought in to look over all of it.

they themselves said that wasnt the case, Reich was the last one to be convinced.  Which is a far cry from the narrative that it was bryce all along and that they didnt talk about the process until the 25th hour. 

At this point I am not believe a damn word out of reichs, fitt and most certainly teppers mouth.

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and just last week was still defending Fitt and reich

Also that same chap who got butthurted by a mod and said he wasn’t gonna post here anymore and still writing up fake news editorials 

here is where I am at mid season

the team is a disaster. Nothing we can do about it except not watch

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And that's fine. I just wish you could realize that a lot of the ire you get on here you bring on yourself for not having those same reservations in quickly and  condescendingly dismissing the opinions of others.

I don't dismiss opinions if they're well thought out.

A lot of the people who would have been able to give well thought out opinions have left because the "everything sucks" people are running rampant and torpedo any intelligent discussion right off the bat.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't dismiss opinions if they're well thought out.

A lot of the people who would have been able to give well thought out opinions have left because the "everything sucks" people are running rampant and torpedo any intelligent discussion right off the bat.

No offense brother but if you think your initial post is "intelligent discussion" then you are part of the goddamn problem

• Flames 3