• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Would you take Andy Reid if he got fired tomorrow?  Old white guy about to turn 66-years old...just curious.

No because Reid would never get fired. I live in reality you should as well.

Frank sucks as a HC just admit it and we can move on. I'm tired of seeing you give this guy a pass every week. He's part of the problem! You are what you practice.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

McCown liking Stroud and asking him to play a pickup game in Charlotte doesn’t mean Reich had him above Young.

Teams looking for QBs almost always have quotes about QBs that could be construed that way. Wilks said nice stuff about Josh Allen. He probably said nice stuff about Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen too as I’m sure they looked at all four of them and did dinners and pro days/visits. You posted the same thing that Stroud called Nicole Mama Tepp. Heck, we said nice things about Pickett, Willis, Corral and likely others the year before.

Reich is on record saying he and Fitt were in lock step with their “proposal” pre-draft. Don’t care about McCown. Where were the rumors about the Stroud love from Reich himself? Again, I remember pre-draft articles saying Reich liked Richardson almost as much as Young, but nothing from Reich himself on Stroud. The Richardson talk with Reich was interesting because it made it seem like Stroud wasn’t in the mix as we got closer to the draft.

I don't doubt that that's the decision they ultimately agreed upon because that's who we drafted.

My question is how it got to that point.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The most obvious solution would be moving the left tackle to left guard, but then you've arguably got an even bigger problem.

So much value lost. Just run last years stuff and trade him away as a LT at the end of the year or better yet flip him to RT and unload Moton for some picks they could use to replace the OG and LT spots. I just see them ruining value if they are moving in a different direction from the guys they currently have.  He can play LT, just not in this scheme and that should have a lot more value than just an OG you can find in the 3rd...with better people picking.

6 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Reich after coaching and playing in the league and if in fact Young was his choice... I godda question whether he really knows what hes doing. But he did inherit a mess on many levels.

It wasn't a mess until he made it a mess.

Should have kept Wilks and Darnold.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The most obvious solution would be moving the left tackle to left guard, but then you've arguably got an even bigger problem.

Do you though? Honestly I think I would rather see if Ricky Lee or David Sharpe could be serviceable at LT because it's not like Icky has been (serviceable, that is).

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why are you stuck in 2018?

I'm judging him on what he did with the Panthers. You had people in the Nat'l media questioning why we didn't hire him. The players vouched for him.  Tepper said no thanks and hired the HC who was fired mid season. Wilks gave the team hope. 

Now look at us we look even worse under Frank than we did under Rhule. But you're telling Panthers fans he needs more time.

You have a interesting way of evaluating coaches my man. But Frank needs more time...

Wasted time...

Wilks would not have taken Bryce, correct?  However, if Bryce is still here and starts the season, nothing much is different under Wilks.  I'm sure Wilks would have told Tepper to STFU and drafted Stroud though, right? 

You could always jump ship to the Raiders.

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Do you though? Honestly I think I would rather see if Ricky Lee or David Sharpe could be serviceable at LT because it's not like Icky has been (serviceable, that is).

I think you ultimately do but It's a pretty tough discussion to have right now

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Frank is bad. Matt Rhule is horrible.  Frank gets the edge simply from a respect stand point of dudes in the locker room. 

Nobody respects Frank if they did they would play better like they did for Wilks.

Look at the Raiders after they fired their GM and HC. Dudes out there showing emotion again. They respect Pierce.

We need to do the same. Get rid of Fitt/Frank we are the laughing stock of the NFL.

39 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

My gut feeling is Tepper either said or implied he wanted Bryce and that influenced the decision making of everyone else.  Yes, everyone EVENTUALLY came to an agreement on drafting Young, but I doubt that agreement came purely organically from each individual below Tepper.

That's a real possibility.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody respects Frank if they did they would play better like they did for Wilks.

Look at the Raiders after they fired their GM and HC. Dudes out there showing emotion again. They respect Pierce.

We need to do the same. Get rid of Fitt/Frank we are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Reich should have gotten kicked out of the game for a couple of those personal foul calls yesterday. Fight for your guys they will fight for you. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It wasn't a mess until he made it a mess.

Should have kept Wilks and Darnold.

Anything other than drafting a rookie QB wasn't an option.  If you can't see that my man, you are in need of a walking stick and a seeing-eye dog.  Tepper was done with FA QBs with marginal success.

Edited by 45catfan

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Wilks would not have taken Bryce, correct?  However, if Bryce is still here and starts the season, nothing much is different under Wilks.  I'm sure Wilks would have told Tepper to STFU and drafted Stroud though, right? 

You could always jump ship to the Raiders.

Honestly my problem is bigger than Wilks.

It's the fact we hired a HC who was fired mid season who happens to be a older HC. Like Tepper seems lost when it comes to hiring the right HC.

In a perfect world we go after Harbaugh and give him full control. At least he is proven to build championship proven teams at both levels. I don't care about what comes with Harbaugh. As long as we winning games again is all I care about.