• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Midseason NFL News

Mr. Scot

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That dude is done. He has the deer in the headlights syndrome.

At least he cashed in during the offseason.  That's the reason you don't cave to demands of players at key positions looking for their bag that's not generational.  I'm all about paying guys what they are worth, but overpaying dudes because they think they are worth the figure in their heads is another.

Kyler Murray is another example.  Teams balk for a reason (they have reservations about the player) then cave and almost immediately regret it.

Add Brian Burns to that list in the offseason while we lack a first round pick and saddled with a huge cap number.

• Pie 2

Just now, 45catfan said:

At least he cashed in during the offseason.  That's the reason you don't cave to demands of players at key positions looking for their bag that's not generational.  I'm all about paying guys what they are worth, but overpaying dudes because they think they are worth the figure in their heads is another.

Kyler Murray is another example.  Teams balk for a reason (they have reservations about the player) then cave and almost immediately regret it.

Add Brian Burns to that list in the offseason while we lack a first round pick and saddled with a huge cap number.

I can't believe they gave him that contract. He's never been anything but bad or mediocre. Moving from bad to mediocre convinced them that he'd figured it out.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll have probably improved the Giants overall, but the decision to go with Jones with Still a head scratcher.

Don't think for a second the Giants aren't going to be looking very hard at this QB class.  They can get out from under Jones' contract after the 2024 season.  This also give the rookie a year to sit if need be.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Can someone give me a summary of what's going on with Michigan? I don't follow college football but heard something about them sending guys in disguise to opposing team games to steal signs or something?

I haven't followed it super closely, but from what I've seen they sent a staffer named Connor Stallions (apparently his real name) to other games where he managed to get on the sidelines with Google glasses type equipment and steal signs, even from lesser schools like Central Michigan.

Word was that Michigan was ready to offer Jim Harbaugh an extension that would have made him the highest paid coach in college football, but now that's been delayed.

It's insane.

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Can someone give me a summary of what's going on with Michigan? I don't follow college football but heard something about them sending guys in disguise to opposing team games to steal signs or something?

One explanation is he was a rogue employee making like $30k year who took initiative and created this scheme and relayed information to coaches, and the coaches didn’t investigate on how he was getting this info because it was beneficial. Didn’t want to pry if you know what I’m saying. He was doing this at his own discretion and acted alone. 

and of course, the guy was not a very good criminal and created a very easily traceable money trail. 

if it can be linked to Harbaugh he was behind this oh man 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

One explanation is he was a rogue employee making like $30k year who took initiative and created this scheme and relayed information to coaches, and the coaches didn’t investigate on how he was getting this info because it was beneficial. Didn’t want to pry if you know what I’m saying. He was doing this at his own discretion and acted alone. 

and of course, the guy was not a very good criminal and created a very easily traceable money trail. 

if it can be linked to Harbaugh he was behind this oh man 

Probably a distant cousin of the guys that deflated the footballs for Brady just to help him out.