• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No one has a long Leash (including Reich)

ncfan

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

He's not built for a rebuild in the NFL

I think that is the key differentiator

His style of coaching doesn't fit with a bad team that is going to have growing pains, it won't work with NFL players, just like it didn't for Urban Meyer.

Put him on a team with a well stocked offensive roster and/or elite young prospects (i.e. the Bears with Williams and Harrison) and it's a different story.

he took over a 5 win team and immediately won the division

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There have been some rumors that the Bears job is the one he really wants.

Some folks expect the Raiders to go after him as well.

I'd bet a lot of money he wouldn't even consider the Raiders, and frankly, it won't have anything to do with the Raiders themselves other than the fact that they don't have a franchise QB in place.

I can't see him willingly going into a division with Mahomes and Herbert (who will have a new coach, likely Ben Johnson).

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he took over a 5 win team and immediately won the division

Because he took over a team that had injuries and woefully underperformed, not a team that was in a total rebuild, or even any type of rebuild.

They had 9 Pro Bowlers and 6 All Pros his first season, that wasn't because of his coaching, it's because they had some GREAT players.  Especially as it was mostly on the defensive side of the ball, which clearly isn't his coaching. 

We don't have a single player in that category right now, let alone that many.

Edited by tukafan21

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Because he took over a team that had injuries and woefully underperformed, not a team that was in a total rebuild, or even any type of rebuild.

They had 9 Pro Bowlers and 6 All Pros his first season, that wasn't because of his coaching, it's because they had some GREAT players.

We don't have a single player in that category right now, let alone that many.

we won 7 last year

your argument isnt making sense, but the fact is he would have jumped in a second to come coach here but no way tepper concedes that much control immediately after rhule but make no mistake Harbaugh knows what he is doing

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we won 7 last year

your argument isnt making sense, but the fact is he would have jumped in a second to come coach here but no way tepper concedes that much control immediately after rhule but make no mistake Harbaugh knows what he is doing

Well, we had a better QB, OL, RB, WR, and defense last year than we have this year, so...........

Bringin in Thielen was the only good move we made this offseason, everything else made the team worse, which is alarmingly scary

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'd bet a lot of money he wouldn't even consider the Raiders, and frankly, it won't have anything to do with the Raiders themselves other than the fact that they don't have a franchise QB in place.

I can't see him willingly going into a division with Mahomes and Herbert (who will have a new coach, likely Ben Johnson).

Man did Ben play his cards right. Would have been career suicide to come here

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Well, we had a better QB, OL, RB, WR, and defense last year than we have this year, so...........

Bringin in Thielen was the only good move we made this offseason, everything else made the team worse, which is alarmingly scary

When Bell is healthy he is solid.  I kind of like Hill too.  Trading away Moore and switching the OL scheme just killed our offense.  

• Pie 1

Tepper needs to give a shitload of money to someone in the Pittsburgh or Baltimore building, and let them do everything. Those teams are consistently solid at drafting and that's what we need here. 90% of being a good GM is drafting well and getting a good coach that meshes well with your draft strategy. Only 10% is free agency, salary cap and trades.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Tepper needs to give a shitload of money to someone in the Pittsburgh or Baltimore building, and let them do everything. Those teams are consistently solid at drafting and that's what we need here. 90% of being a good GM is drafting well and getting a good coach that meshes well with your draft strategy. Only 10% is free agency, salary cap and trades.

He has a good relationship with Kevin Colbert in Pittsburgh.

Haven't looked at the Ravens front office recently.