• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School Bryce Young vs Colts

*FreeFua*

5 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

How does this guy get so much attention?  6th rounder that bounced from team to team as a backup with limited time as a starter.  Nobody would know who this jabroni is if it werent for youtube

Confirmation bias effect. The same folks who gobble these up think Dan Orlovsky is a legitimate QB analyst.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

He was in the NFL for a long time and played for a bunch of different teams.  He's not like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson or something physically but you'd think he'd understand how to run an offense and watch film if he kept ending up on rosters.

I remember hearing somewhere this week that there's an argument to be made journeymen often are the best at being able to understand football concepts and are often more intelligent than starters in that regard due to picking up different playbooks.

They may not be able to put it on the field the best (often due to physical/situational awareness limitations), but their football smarts are often pretty high.

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

He was in the NFL for a long time and played for a bunch of different teams.  He's not like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson or something physically but you'd think he'd understand how to run an offense and watch film if he kept ending up on rosters.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OSulJ.00.htm

image.thumb.png.d8b4bc8f83196f9e00836e7b7c2ca0f8.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._O'Sullivan

Dude spent more time on the practice squad than he did on the field on game day.

Not the guy I want to turn to as an expert exactly

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

How does this guy get so much attention?  6th rounder that bounced from team to team as a backup with limited time as a starter.  Nobody would know who this jabroni is if it werent for youtube

He is showing you the film while giving his opinion. Please feel free to correct where he is wrong. The film is the film as he stated. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Confirmation bias effect. The same folks who gobble these up think Dan Orlovsky is a legitimate QB analyst.

I mean the content isn't bad at all for free on Youtube. What do you think he's wrong about? I think he is spot on about what he thinks of the Panthers.

Shitty Playcalling, Slow Wide Receivers, Horrible O-Line. 

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 4

Just now, Cam Lawter said:

I mean the content isn't bad at all for free on Youtube. What do you think he's wrong about. I think he is spot on about what he thinks of the Panthers.

Shitty Playcalling, Slow Wide Receivers, Horrible O-Line. 

So how did we score the most points of our season with bum ass Andy Dalton with the same group?

• Pie 1

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

I can’t figure out the andy dalton game. He threw for over 300 yards and guys were sort of open. Did we call different plays or what? 

It's not rocket science, he can attack the defence at all three levels. Young cannot. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Saca312 said:

I remember hearing somewhere this week that there's an argument to be made journeymen often are the best at being able to understand football concepts and are often more intelligent than starters in that regard due to picking up different playbooks.

They may not be able to put it on the field the best (often due to physical/situational awareness limitations), but their football smarts are often pretty high.

I think of it like... consider somebody on YouTube breaking down a Segovia or Django Reinhardt piece.  Are they as good as them?  fug no.  That doesn't mean they don't understand what's going on and can't comprehend it at a high level, though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

When Orlovsky was announced as our first choice for QB Coach I knew we were in big trouble. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OSulJ.00.htm

image.thumb.png.d8b4bc8f83196f9e00836e7b7c2ca0f8.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._O'Sullivan

Dude spent more time on the practice squad than he did on the field on game day.

Not the guy I want to turn to as an expert exactly

Yeah clearly he's an idiot.

You going to criticize anything in the breakdown substantially or just poo talk his pro career, as if making it to the goddamn NFL let alone playing pro football for like 10 years doesn't put you in the top 1% of football boys.

• Pie 1

How good was Andy Reid in the NFL? Sean McVay? 
It’s been a pretty common pattern of lesser talented players becoming better coaches/analysts because they spent most of their career learning from the sidelines. It’s such a bad argument to state a coach or analysts doesn’t know what he is taking about because he wasn’t great in the NFL. That’s simply a person upset because this guy has a different opinion so they must discredit him right away.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 6