• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers vs Bears TNF Thread

CRA

I don't get to watch too many games wall to wall. I wasted hours today when I should have been sleeping.

I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. I'm not even angry. For the first time, I'm convinced that this franchise is broken all the way down to its foundation from day 1--and that precedes Tepper. We're just seeing it come to full effect now.

Aside from a miraculous recovery over the next year or so, they may be in move-the-team-and-have-a-fresh-start mode like the Browns when they moved to Baltimore. The Toronto Panthers will be an awesome franchise someday. 

This may be the worst that they have ever looked, and I've been with them since day 1.

• Pie 1

Tyson Bagent completed 20-of-33 passes for 162 yards in the Bears’ 16-13, Week 10 win over the Panthers, adding six carries for 12 yards.
Making what should be his final start for a while, the 25-year-old undrafted rookie played No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young to a standstill in a truly wretched game of NFL football. Bagent kept it simple, avoiding sacks and peppering D.J. Moore and Cole Kmet with 16 combined low-risk targets. He will now almost certainly give way to Justin Fields for Week 11 against the Lions. Although Bagent’s play has been truly remarkable by the standards of an undrafted Division II prospect, he hasn’t had the looks of a long-term No. 2. He has still almost certainly played his way into the role for 2024.

Bryce Young completed 21-of-38 passes for 185 yards in the Panthers’ 16-13, Week 10 loss to the Bears.
Young averaged 4.9 yards per attempt while completing just 55.3 percent of his passes. He absorbed three sacks from one of the league’s worst pass rushes. As inaccurate as that statline would suggest, Young hit only one chunk gain all night, finding “Mike Strachan” for a 45-yard play-action strike. The most concerning moment came in the dying moments of the game, where the Panthers declined to let Young attempt to convert a 4th-and-10 and called on weak-legged Eddy Pineiro to try to make a 59-yard field goal. It was several yards short and the game was functionally over. With his Adam Thielen connection drying up the past two weeks, Young is officially providing zero fantasy value for himself or anyone else heading into Week 11 against the Cowboys’ ferocious defense.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyone on here was asking for the change so now what? say something now

It's the whole offensive philosophy, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  Reich and Brown don't know how to adapt and that's a condemnation on their skills as coaches. 

Evero is running his preferred 3-4 defense with a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers who don't necessarily fit what he wants to do, but at least he has them playing at a decent level.

Reich, Brown, Fritt gotta go. 

Then this offseason we gotta tear it down and the Teppers have to get outta the way. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
Bryce Young completed 21-of-38 passes for 185 yards in the Panthers’ 16-13, Week 10 loss to the Bears.
Young averaged 4.9 yards per attempt while completing just 55.3 percent of his passes. He absorbed three sacks from one of the league’s worst pass rushes. As inaccurate as that statline would suggest, Young hit only one chunk gain all night, finding “Mike Strachan” for a 45-yard play-action strike. The most concerning moment came in the dying moments of the game, where the Panthers declined to let Young attempt to convert a 4th-and-10 and called on weak-legged Eddy Pineiro to try to make a 59-yard field goal. It was several yards short and the game was functionally over. With his Adam Thielen connection drying up the past two weeks, Young is officially providing zero fantasy value for himself or anyone else heading into Week 11 against the Cowboys’ ferocious defense.

That pretty much sums it up lol. Coulda waited to read this rather than waist 3 hours of my life 

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Everyone on here was asking for the change so now what? say something now

I could have told them...and did, it wasn't Frank's playcalling.  It's a small, rookie QB with bad mechanics that, by the way, has no weapons outside of a geriatric Adam Thielen.

• Pie 1