• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper has to be the most hated man in Carolina right?

TeppersEgos

4 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

He knows he’s not liked.  As dumb as he is about football he’s not a total idiot.  I think the booing at the ring of honor might have been a sign.  

There's that plus his own admission that he reads Panthers Twitter.

It's one thing to get the message that you aren't liked though, quite another to come to the realization that you are actually the bad guy.

Nobody comes to that understanding easily.

Most don't come to it at all.

At this point I honestly wonder if I'd be happier if Tepper moves the team. When Shinn moved the Hornets, I was able to quit watching/caring about the NBA completely. Without something drastic, I might still care. I have no confidence that Tepper will give us a quality team, so my only hope is that he gets upset about all the negative coverage and leaves.

BTW - @TeppersEgos your avatar always makes me laugh. It makes Tepp kinda resemble Gargamel from the Smurfs - which is fitting since Bryce is about the size of a smurf and Tepp is a bumbling idiot who thinks he's a genius.

• Pie 1

How many people in the Carolinas actually give a fug about the Panthers, or the Teppers at all? 

Most people may skim through the news and may know that we are terrible through a article headline they read passing by.

I'd say most don't give a sh$t and couldn't name a player on the team. Mostly male sports fans "may" know something.

Tepper can actually hide in plain sight. Many could walk by him and have no clue. 

Edited by Jmac

3 minutes ago, Jmac said:

How many people in the Carolinas give a fug about the Panthers, or the Teppers at all? 

Most people may skim through the news and may know that we are terrible through a article headline they read. 

I'd say most don't give a sh$t and couldn't name a player on the team. Mostly male sports fans "may" know something.

Tepper can actually hide in plain sight. Many could walk by him and have no clue. 

Was kind of thinking the same thing sadly.

I'm an OG fan and started following the Panthers because I've always had the mindset of "supporting your home team is what you're SUPPOSED to do"

But there are a crap-ton of people in this state - not just transplants but locals as well - that don't give any kind of fug about the team, and the Panthers have never had enough sustained success to draw in people that might otherwise be "meh" about having an NFL team.

Then you have the fact that interest in sports is very different than it was in 1995 - not just in terms of raw numbers, but also the way people engage with them.

You're absolutely right, and it's sad.

21 hours ago, TeppersEgos said:

This man has come in and absolutely destroyed this franchise. He has sucked the soul out of this team. Even if he fires Reich and/or Fitterer I have zero confidence unless he hires actual football people to begin the search. This is the same genius that declined Steichen off a zoom interview. Him and his fuging wife both chose Bryce Young, hired a retread coach after being fired mid season. It's just awful decision after awful decision. This team will never have a winning season under David Tepper. The future is bleak. There is no hope. How much longer are you going to watch this train wreck that is the Carolina Panthers?

You're telling me I'd be the most loved man in Charlotte because I would have hired Stiechen and drafted stroud?