• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and firing NFL coaches (trend)

CRA

I just don't see what it changes or helps. Unless some things happen behind the scenes just roll with Frank and make him dance (lol as if Tepper had the ability to do more than be entertaining). Don't get me wrong, I would love to see everything burned down so it won't contaminate what could come next but this just seems like movement without purpose. 

Don't they already do a corroborative approach anyways? What is he really doing but giving pressers and having to meet with an angry and confused Tepper if that is really the way they have been rolling. 

• Pie 1

Honestly keeping Frank is our best bet. If he goes, you clean house. And if you clean house, who can you attract as a coach? We have the worst team in the league. We have no draft capital. And whoever it is HAS TO play Bryce. We have to roll with Frank and hope for the best until we at least have a first round pick again. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does firing a GM send any better message when the league wide perception is that you influenced the top draft pick?

Shouldn't look good at all.

The only way that ends in a win to me is if it makes Tepper take his hands off the wheel for the next GM to accept the job. I still can't buy that with how Tepper approaches his hiring process and with what is suspected in how he runs the team. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't a myth. We were already turned down for interviews last hiring cycle.

Were we turned down jobs because we weren’t giving coaches a chance? Or because we had a bad roster with a bad GM?

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Why do we keep calling it a myth?

Jacksonville had no issue getting Pederson.

the giants had no issue getting judge, daboll or Schurmer.

the raiders have gotten a new coach every year or two for a decade.

same for the browns since 09.

the cardinals after Wilks

I could go on further, but I think the point is clear. There are an extremely limited number of head coaching jobs in the NFL and as a result you will always be able to fill those jobs.

and it’s not limited to just the NFl. Just look at Chelsea FC. They’ve kept managers on extremely short leaches, but have been able to find both success and a consistent supply of top tier managers despite firing guys with a season or less on the books.

46 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Were we turned down by any coaches that signed elsewhere?  I honestly can't remember.  I think Ryans might have told us no for an interview....

I think ben johnson as well(*stayed with lions). There was a GM that passed when fittererereerer got the job(guy was with the panthers for years, young too(i think he was with the titans))

If frank is fired, tepper would be full toxic to many coaches.....  hes already there with some. 

Edited by Basbear

3 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

This is just a crazy discussion in a season where Denver nabbed Sean Payton.

id argue keeping these guys around too long is more problematic because it makes you less desirable for free agents.

compound that with talent drain we’re already seeing with bad drafting, why wouldn’t you move on?

Its been said that rhule wanted and got totally different type of players that frank wants/needs. 

/

/

/

/

/

/

then there was "roster was a QB away" deal...

fitterereer has made it hard to support him. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I just don't see what it changes or helps.

It would potentially stop Frank from fully ruining Bryce.   I suspect 8 more games of the same is going to be bad for Bryce. 

you could put  the D or ST coach in charge and pull a Wilks move offensively . Maybe even sit Bryce a week or two as you transition.  Say you don’t want to throw too much on Bryce with a sudden change in O and he can work on snaps under C.  Which he should learn anyway.  Probably end up winning a couple games down the stretch like last year. 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think ben johnson as well(*stayed with lions). There was a GM that passed when fittererereerer got the job(guy was with the panthers for years, young too(i think he was with the titans))

If frank is fired, tepper would be full toxic to many coaches.....  hes already there with some. 

Yeah Ben didn't go anywhere else though.  It's a double edged sword.  It's not fair to the fans or the players to keep things as they are.  As people are mentioning it also ruins any chance of developing Bryce.  

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Why would you bring in an interim coach before Dallas?

no one is going to accept a blindfold and a cigarette. 

The fact an announcement hasn’t been made that fit and Reich are both gone today is mind boggling. 

Rolling Frank out there trying to play pretend, like we’re “still trying” and the “games have been close”, while anyone who’s not legally blind sees that we are fuged for a decade, is narcissistic. 

Rip cord out of this and just make everyone’s expectations at this point real, and own your fug up. 

We are about to get American History X level curb stomped, at home, with more Cowboys fans in attendance than our own. 

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

It would potentially stop Frank from fully ruining Bryce.   I suspect 8 more games of the same is going to be bad for Bryce. 

you could put  the D or ST coach in charge and pull a Wilks move offensively . Maybe even sit Bryce a week or two as you transition.  Say you don’t want to throw too much on Bryce with a sudden change in O and he can work on snaps under C.  Which he should learn anyway.  Probably end up winning a couple games down the stretch like last year. 

I don't think there is anyone that can save Bryce. If Tepper was as involved as suspected in the pick then nothing is going to save him from a brutal year except the IR, Tepper won't accept sitting him yet and maybe not at all.

It's just going from Frank to who? Brown isn't better. Who is the goto Wilks guy and how much is he going to fight the GM and ownership over handling Bryce going forward?

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

Were we turned down jobs because we weren’t giving coaches a chance? Or because we had a bad roster with a bad GM?

Jacksonville had no issue getting Pederson.

the giants had no issue getting judge, daboll or Schurmer.

the raiders have gotten a new coach every year or two for a decade.

same for the browns since 09.

the cardinals after Wilks

I could go on further, but I think the point is clear. There are an extremely limited number of head coaching jobs in the NFL and as a result you will always be able to fill those jobs.

and it’s not limited to just the NFl. Just look at Chelsea FC. They’ve kept managers on extremely short leaches, but have been able to find both success and a consistent supply of top tier managers despite firing guys with a season or less on the books.

I think the biggest issue is probably the league wide perception of Tepper as a meddling owner. Not saying that will keep everyone away but it will definitely keep some away.

It's going to be a big concern when we look at our next GM.

The biggest concern of all is having Tepper heavily involved in those future processes(coaching or FO hirings)hiring. His track record is atrocious.