• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Tepper frustated by the offense

BIGH2001

2 hours ago, Judo Thoreau said:

I think an important common thread between the Rhule offseasons and the one Reich offseason is the inability to replace or retain players who played with heart and inspired the team. 

Reddick was probably our best defensive player in 2021, but for some reason we move on and he signs with the Eagles for 15m per. Still looking for a legit replacement for that production. Same could be said about Gilmore who was a great vet presence for the DB room and actually wanted to stay here. 

Trading CMC was probably the right decision and we were lucky to have someone like Foreman on the roster who ran hard and gave us a great identity for the 2nd half of the season. Instead of retaining him for 3-4m, we pay a guy 2x that amount who seemingly doesn’t care & showed up for 1 quarter in half a season. 

Thielen is a good piece but we really tried to replace Moore’s role with Chark, who isn’t half the player even when healthy, which is a rarity. Replacing team leader types with JAGs has been a constant under Fitterer, I think that may be his worst quality as a roster builder. 

Guys wanting to get away from Rhule wouldn't exactly be shocking. Players are pretty loyal to Reich though.

And again, you have to remember that guys who don't fit the new systems aren't gonna be kept.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper hasn't exactly been shy about firing people. What has it accomplished? History says he'll just make more bad hires. We're stuck in this cycle until Tepper admits that it's he who needs to be fired.

To be clear, I'm talking about what I think could happen, not what should.

I've already said elsewhere what I think should.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Guys wanting to get away from Rhule wouldn't exactly be shocking. Players are pretty loyal to Reich though.

And again, you have to remember that guys who don't fit the new systems aren't gonna be kept.

I understand new scheme and all, but replacing players who actually contribute with ones who don’t is certainly not better than having a less than ideal system fit. At least keep them around until you’re sure it’s not a massive downgrade.

1 minute ago, Judo Thoreau said:

I understand new scheme and all, but replacing players who actually contribute with ones who don’t is certainly not better than having a less than ideal system fit. At least keep them around until you’re sure it’s not a massive downgrade.

Gotta remember though, I'm not debating merits here.

I'm pointing out the read I get on what Tepper's perspective might be given what we've heard.

10 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

Well at this point, it will only get worse, only if David Tepper becomes the new GM for the Panthers

Tepper might could hire a drunk huddler for the night to call the picks on draft day and it yield just as good of results as Fitt 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Tepper might good hire a drunk huddler for the night to calls the picks on draft day and it yield just as good of results as Fitt 

I’m available- I cheaper than Fitt and probably drunker too

if only I had some draft picks to work with

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Gee I wonder who “leaked” this lol

This mother f*cker is as dumb as it gets 

Well, not all of it is "leak". A fair amount of it is Russini's analysis, which could be spot on or off the mark (she's generally pretty good).

My takes in this discussion are based on whether her takes are correct, so... 😕

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, not all of it is "leak". A fair amount of it is Russini's analysis, which could be spot on or off the mark (she's generally pretty good).

My takes in this discussion are based on whether her takes are correct, so... 😕

this report is 100% accurate because it’s coming from the dumbass himself