• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I keep going back to Dalton in Seattle, man...

Why did the offense look so much different that day? Why did we have more 20+ yard completions that game than we probably have the rest of the season combined?

Tbh take away our garbage time TD and the fluke TD to Chark and our offense doesn't look that much different. We scored 13 points with that. Tbh Reich probably changed up the coaching scheme because of him. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

If the defender doesn't slip, like he said, he don't have anyone outside of Thielen that has over 40 yards receiving. You can't use a fluke play to justify our offense being better for one game with Dalton, when the play almost should've never even happen in the first place. Especially where that touchdown was the difference between our offense scoring 27 points to 19 points.

What kind of absurd logic is this? You know you could play this game for any QB ever right? We could even apply this ridiculous logic to many of Cam Newton's best highlights and point out how the defender fuged up so it doesn't actually matter. Do you see how stupid this is? Like this is one of the worst takes I've ever seen.

And yet in this very thread we have people suggesting there is a lack of objectivity on this subject. This is downright comical.

I look at the day we hired Scott fitterer and think about all of the possibilities we have missed. He is just awful. I have never posted on this site but I'm so frustrated by this teams lack of talent at every position including coaching. FITTERER HAS DESTROYED THIS TEAM. We have no hope for the foreseeable future because of all of the cute trades and horrible draft picks.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Tbh take away our garbage time TD and the fluke TD to Chark and our offense doesn't look that much different. We scored 13 points with that. Tbh Reich probably changed up the coaching scheme because of him. 

We had 6 20+ yard attempts in that game. Bryce has 14 in the rest of the season combined. We had 3 20+ yard completions in that game. Bryce has 5 in the rest of the season combined.

That was the big difference that day. We had a viable vertical threat to our offense.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

What kind of absurd logic is this? You know you could play this game for any QB ever right? We could even apply this ridiculous logic to many of Cam Newton's best highlights and point out how the defender fuged up so it doesn't actually matter. Do you see how stupid this is? Like this is one of the worst takes I've ever seen.

And yet in this very thread we have people suggesting there is a lack of objectivity on this subject. This is downright comical.

Just because the defender fuged up on one play doesn't mean our offense was any better. Even take into account that play, our offense went completely stagnant for the whole entire 3rd quarter, when we had 13 point to that point. Before scoring two garbage time touchdowns in the 4th, where the defense was playing prevent defense. Our offense was still dogwater in that game.

That’s the huge point (lack of downfield). They conceded this to the other team in the first game. It is inexplicable unless you see them sacrificing the W-L record for practice for the top rookie. What the hell else are they doing if not just running reps for this kid? 

There has yet to be a game plan that demonstrates we intend to even have a will to impose. It is all defensive play calls, on offense. 

And this is from a team that demonstrated they could play .500 ball on a dime last year with an approach based on their   strengths. 

Edited by stratocatter

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we are 1 of 2 teams that had a chance to get both and we passed on them.  The guy we spent 2 picks on instead of howell has his face on the side of a milk carton

If I could have five minutes with Scott Fitterer I would literally just say, "Alright man, Corral over Howell and Bryce over Stroud. Let's hear it. Go."

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I could have five minutes with Scott Fitterer I would literally just say, "Alright man, Corral over Howell and Bryce over Stroud. Let's hear it. Go."

I mean at some point he and/or tepper have to give a press conference and if our media has any balls they absolutely have to ask this especially in light of corral simply disappearing