• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

15 TD’s and 2 INT’s as a rookie is insane. The comebacks he’s made are incredible. 

Bryce is in a worse situation but he wouldn’t be doing that in Houston. It doesn’t mean he won’t be good later but he’s looking really really bad the last 2 weeks. 

I held on hope but at this point it looks like we obviously missed on the better QB. Stroud was always a better thrower. And yes it sucks and this is the first time I’ve let myself admit it. 

Edited by PantherPride5
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PantherPride5 said:

15 TD’s and 2 INT’s as a rookie is insane. The comebacks he’s made are incredible. 

Bryce is in a worse situation but he wouldn’t be doing that in Houston. It doesn’t mean he won’t be good later but he’s looking really really bad the last 2 weeks. 

I held on hope but at this point it looks like we obviously missed on the better QB. Stroud was always a better thrower. And yes it sucks and this is the first time I’ve let myself admit it. 

It's going to set us back for many years to come.  Really it's the worst case scenario.  We can't fix it next year b/c we're giving the Bears the top overall pick.  Means we'll have to wait for another year of horrible football to get back to even picking our next QB.

Years of pain incoming for us Panthers fans!

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, parker said:

We go through this every draft pick.  Remember when people kept saying we should have gotten Fournette because he was doing so good with the Jaguars and CMC couldn't run up the middle.  Then there was the Ridley vs DJ threads.

People thought CMC sucked because he average less than 4 yards a carry his first year here.

I also remember the Cam threads after his rookie year.

7 minutes ago, CAPantherFan said:

It's going to set us back for many years to come.  Really it's the worst case scenario.  We can't fix it next year b/c we're giving the Bears the top overall pick.  Means we'll have to wait for another year of horrible football to get back to even picking our next QB.

Years of pain incoming for us Panthers fans!

Picking Bryce over Stroud doesn’t set you back. Bryce being a bust sets you back.

Just now, MGH1989 said:

Picking Bryce over Stroud doesn’t set you back. Bryce being a bust sets you back.

I still feel like this team (players, coaching staff, meddling owner) set up whichever pick was made to fail. At least short-term. That doesn't excuse some bad games, but it does excuse some of the problems that arose in other losses. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who doesn't? Tune into the Commanders at 4:25 to see another episode of the "what if" show while pandering what Matt Corral is doing these days.

We could have waited for the other Carolina QB to turn Pro then. Sad thing is we would have a first round pick and Chicago would have had Young. Letting Foreman go was the mistake we made. Alabama always had a damn fine RB to go with their QB's. What happens when you always go on the cheap.

13 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Yeah that's what I meant.  It's too early to say Bryce is a bust so far he's trending in the wrong direction and with the surrounding cast he has it's not going to turn around this year.  I guess we'll see what happens next year...

1 minute ago, Brent Gregory said:

You could see talent in those guys. You can't in Young. He hasn't made 1 play that says this guy's gonna be it. 

lol yes he has.  See I can tolerate people comparing Bryce Young and the absurd season CJ Stroud is having, but some of the doomering over us drafting Tony Pike with the first overall pick or whatever is bullshit.