• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, recceice said:

They ran most plays out of shotgun last year and that shouldn’t effect them making holes in the run game or being able to block up simple blitz packages.. 
We can blame the new offensive scheme but isn’t this what we wanted??? A new offensive coaching staff since we as a organization have never done before… 

Hasn’t most of these offensive coaches produced better offense then “the hated” Ben Mcadoo??

It’s a Bryce thing because that doesn’t seem so likely when Ickey can’t keep ppl off the QB the 1st play every game.. Nor can anybody figure out how to block a defensive twist play by 2 Dline man who play 1 game together… Also who other then Thelien is getting separation and making contested catches?? 

You say the offensive is predictable because the QB .. Okay?? What about the weapons and the Oline scares a defense right now??

Icky is definitely having a sophomore slump but I can't say how much of that is him or the offense we've constructed.

As for last year our shotgun percentage was 54%.

relative-frequency-of-shotgun-formation-by-team-for-2022-v0-dklsl7rew8wa1.thumb.png.96228c1f583bf2bdbdb686196155a258.png

Being as we are barely halfway through the season there isn't much statistical data on our shotgun vs under center snap counts but I can tell you what I'm seeing with my own eyes and the type of offense Alabama ran with Bryce. We run a fug ton from the shotgun.

Our offense scored the most points it has all season with old ass Andy Dalton taking snaps from under center and opening up the offense with play action.

If you want to dismiss it by all means that's your prerogative. But it's an issue that's going to continue.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Icky is definitely having a sophomore slump but I can't say how much of that is him or the offense we've constructed.

relative-frequency-of-shotgun-formation-by-team-for-2022-v0-dklsl7rew8wa1.thumb.png.96228c1f583bf2bdbdb686196155a258.png

Being as we are barely halfway through the season there isn't much statistical data on our shotgun vs under center snap counts but I can tell you what I'm seeing with my own eyes and the type of offense Alabama ran with Bryce. We run a fug ton from the shotgun.

Our offense scored the most points it has all season with old ass Andy Dalton taking snaps from under center and opening up the offense with play action.

If you want to dismiss it by all means that's your prerogative. But it's an issue that's going to continue.

The whole Oline is having a sophomore slump.. I don’t understand why that’s hard to see.. And if we’re talking about a 10 years vet looking better then a rookie as your evidence ..

okay

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Hurney was atrocious in many ways but for that moment that was an extremely important crossroads in franchise history he shut out the noise and made his pick a slam dunk. If a lot of people on the carolina huddle had their way we would have drafted Marcell Dareus.

And then drafted someone else over luke kuechly next year. People can criticize hurney all they want, he still knew what he was doing x10 more than anybody on here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I can absolutely make a case to compare Love to a rookie. I damn sure don’t compare him to good QBs. 

Okay… sorry I can’t follow that logic.. And even if we go pass Howell having 2 full offseason of NFL training and work.. I still would take his supporting cast over this BS…

4 hours ago, frankw said:

We brought in a qb who CANNOT play from under center to pair with an offense line who played the power run game very well last year.  We picked the qb that did not fit our Oline at all. Because we're fuging idiots.  Stroud should have been the pick, or Richardson or fuging Levis. Instead we picked the one guy who needs to play from the shotgun which is a clear weakness for the offensive line we've assembled. Including the guy we took in the first round last year.  It's like the dopes look at every single move in a vacuum and there is no fuging plan in place on how to build a winning team with an identity.  Just a bunch of parts who gives a fug if they fit together. 

• Beer 1

Don't feel bad Panthers fans. I wanted CJ but even if we would've drafted Young, I would've been fine with that. When the O line gave him time to work against us, he made plays and won the game. Ultimately I think he'll be alright, he can make every throw necessary and he has a high football acumen which is what you want from your young signal caller. I think people are just upset that he hasn't grasped it right away like CJ, very few young QBs ever do so it shouldn't be a knock against him. 

If it makes you feel any better I felt the same way in 02 when we drafted David Carr with the number 1 overall pick and you guy's took a generational stud right after Julius Peppers. He could've changed our franchise from day 1.

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, toldozer said:

We brought in a qb who CANNOT play from under center to pair with an offense line who played the power run game very well last year.  We picked the qb that did not fit our Oline at all. Because we're fuging idiots.  Stroud should have been the pick, or Richardson or fuging Levis. Instead we picked the one guy who needs to play from the shotgun which is a clear weakness for the offensive line we've assembled. Including the guy we took in the first round last year.  It's like the dopes look at every single move in a vacuum and there is no fuging plan in place on how to build a winning team with an identity.  Just a bunch of parts who gives a fug if they fit together. 

Its the Sam D effect. Tepper needed to draft a QB that is the complete opposite of Darnold who cannot process anything under any sort of pocket pressure. CJ remind everyone of Sam D cause of their identical physical attributes with a strong arm despite coming out of OSU that NEVER produced a successful NFL QB along with his s2 score. Anyone who ignored all those signs just didn't do their homework. Based on that, Tepper did what was right. If any should be any blame towards an individual, its Sam D (no more ghostbuster vids).

3 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Its the Sam D effect. Tepper needed to draft a QB that is the complete opposite of Darnold who cannot process anything under any sort of pocket pressure. CJ remind everyone of Sam D cause of their identical physical attributes with a strong arm despite coming out of OSU that NEVER produced a successful NFL QB along with his s2 score. Anyone who ignored all those signs just didn't do their homework. Based on that, Tepper did what was right. If any should be any blame towards an individual, its Sam D (no more ghostbuster vids).

In retrospect, if we had NEVER traded for Sam D, we would have drafted CJ with Tepper's blessing cause we were willing to trade our high 2nd round pick for him knowing he constantly turn the ball over under pressure for 3 straight seasons and then pick up his options for 2 full season of his services cause we loved his physical attributes with his strong arm above all else. The same exact attributes as CJ but unlike Bryce.

Its the Sam D effect ala paradox. Have a nice week all!

• 2 weeks later...