• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Texans Team as a Whole

SaltAndPepper

It is so strange seeing Panthers fans going out of their way to defend another team's QB the same way they did/do for Cam.

It is even weirder how when folks point out that the Texans have done a much better job of supporting CJ with pass protection, play calling, play design, receivers getting open, and finding success in the run game that some of CJ's fans get personally offended. I haven't seen anything stated nor insinuated that CJ is being carried by the Texans, but I've definitely seen his fans make sure to scream that CJ and CJ alone is the sole reason for the Texans' recent success (and damn any data or film showing otherwise!).

Folks went from complaining about Cam not getting the OL + WR help that he needed to refusing to acknowledge the same situation for Bryce... what a time.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

Icege is a strange dude. He will hide behind Cam now but I didn't hear a peep out of him when Stroud was being dragged through the dirt before the draft with criticisms very reminiscent of the ignorance thrown at Cam Newton. You know those old lines. Low football IQ. Questioned his personal off the field history. Said he wasn't a leader of men. Asked why he showed up to an awards show wearing a single piece of jewelry instead of sitting at home studying something.

Where was Icege?

Cam dominated college football he carried his team to and won a national championship. He threw for 900 yards in his first two starts. He gave people instant reasons not to doubt him yet they still did for reasons. His situation was very different from that of Bryce Young. To quote a former Panthers coach. It is what it is. Young has to prove it the same as anyone else before him.

Edited by frankw

27 minutes ago, Icege said:

It is so strange seeing Panthers fans going out of their way to defend another team's QB the same way they did/do for Cam.

It is even weirder how when folks point out that the Texans have done a much better job of supporting CJ with pass protection, play calling, play design, receivers getting open, and finding success in the run game that some of CJ's fans get personally offended. I haven't seen anything stated nor insinuated that CJ is being carried by the Texans, but I've definitely seen his fans make sure to scream that CJ and CJ alone is the sole reason for the Texans' recent success (and damn any data or film showing otherwise!).

Folks went from complaining about Cam not getting the OL + WR help that he needed to refusing to acknowledge the same situation for Bryce... what a time.

Look at you “coping” so hard.

Did I do it right??

• Pie 1

On 11/14/2023 at 2:24 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

Perhaps he’s saving face because he liked Bryce…

image.thumb.png.d573955ebf4cdddce58c378d55785ade.png

Except, he doesn't have every trait, and also doesn't have the benefit of the doubt afforded by proven track record of these guys (moreso Wilson than Murray, obviously)? Comparing single game performance like this is ridiculous, just like trying to draw vast conclusions based on a handful of rookie games is also ridiculous. Bryce appears a very limited QB at this point but the jury is definitely still out on everything except his arm strength/lack thereof, which is the same as it's always been.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Icege is a strange dude. He will hide behind Cam now but I didn't hear a peep out of him when Stroud was being dragged through the dirt before the draft with criticisms very reminiscent of the ignorance thrown at Cam Newton. You know those old lines. Low football IQ. Questioned his personal off the field history. Said he wasn't a leader of men. Asked why he showed up to an awards show wearing a single piece of jewelry instead of sitting at home studying something.

Where was Icege?

Cam dominated college football he carried his team to and won a national championship. He threw for 900 yards in his first two starts. He gave people instant reasons not to doubt him yet they still did for reasons. His situation was very different from that of Bryce Young. To quote a former Panthers coach. It is what it is. Young has to prove it the same as anyone else before him.

Man you are going off the deep end here Frank. Please understand NO ONE IS BASHING Stroud, nor have they been this entire thread. I’m fact most comments are complimenting Stroud. We are just giving some props to the Texans organization as well just like this article. In comparison our organization has done a poo job… It doesn’t make anyone “strange” or mean we are “coping.” It doesn’t mean we think Young is better than Stroud. Stroud seems like a great guy and is a hell of a QB, but damn I’d swear he was your long lost son or something…

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Man you are going off the deep end here Frank. Please understand NO ONE IS BASHING Stroud, nor have they been this entire thread. I’m fact most comments are complimenting Stroud. We are just giving some props to the Texans organization as well just like this article. In comparison our organization has done a poo job… It doesn’t make anyone “strange” or mean we are “coping.” It doesn’t mean we think Young is better than Stroud. Stroud seems like a great guy and is a hell of a QB, but damn I’d swear he was your long lost son or something…

ForJimmy this has nothing to do with you. I didn't say anything about you. In fact you were one of the people who was even handed throughout before the draft.

I don't think you understand the post because you endorsed his remarks. He's been doing this. This is about a continued matter from some folks who want to utilize Cam Newton's circumstances and ups and downs when it serves them and draw parallels to Bryce Young that simply do not apply.

There's no way CJ or Cam could show up to the combine and stand around in a hoodie with their arms crossed the whole time while everyone else did what was expected of them.

Bryce Young has been afforded excuse after excuse that other QB's have not. He hasn't earned any of it yet. It's fine to acknowledge that.

I think your last line says we're done engaging for a while bud. Have a good one.

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

ForJimmy this has nothing to do with you. I didn't say anything about you. In fact you were one of the people who was even handed throughout before the draft.

I don't think you understand the post because you endorsed his remarks. He's been doing this. This is about a continued matter from some folks who want to utilize Cam Newton's circumstances and ups and downs when it serves them and draw parallels to Bryce Young that simply do not apply.

There's no way CJ or Cam could show up to the combine and stand around in a hoodie with their arms crossed the whole time while everyone else did what was expected of them.

Bryce Young has been afforded excuse after excuse that other QB's have not. He hasn't earned any of it yet. It's fine to acknowledge that.

I think your last line says we're done engaging for a while bud. Have a good one.

He came on mostly defending what I was saying about the Texans doing a better job which you came in here and blew it off as coping.  Honestly you came in here trying to be dismissive of a conversation with a little dig snuck in there and of course people with react (which was probably the goal of your comment).  If there is some weird history between you two then keep it in the messages and not open forum if you don't want anyone else engaging.  If that has you shook for other reasons that I'm not aware of I apologize. 

I don't know where or why Young's hoodie comes into play, but if you want to critique him for it go ahead I guess?  I see Young being labeled as a bust just as often as people making excuses for him.  If he does continue down this road and busts I can only hope it gives Tepper the clarity to stay out of the football side of things.  

If a comment about you being related to Stroud because of how defensive you are about him causes you to be done engaging it kind of proves the point...

What's funny is in August, looking at the depth charts, even now, ours looked better. Thielen statistically is a top WR. No one expected that. Compared him to what Robert Woods, who isn't even playing? Tate stepped up for them but in the preseason, i'd say either way between him and Mingo. We had Chark, high hopes, can't stay healthy don't do poo. Schultz and Hayden Hurst? Undoubtedly given the edge to hurst. He's done absolutely poo. Caught the first TD, hopes were high, then disappeared. Is it his fault? No. TMJ? No. Big regret was letting Shi Smith go. Stupid. Also, we had desires at RB and guy's as check down options out of the backfield. I STILL can't name who's running the ball for Houston. Is it still David Johnson?

You cannot sit here and tell me Houston has better options or offensive coaching. They also started with four backup lineman. This is all Stroud, he is him. Bryce defenders can cry more. Bryce, in the perfect sitation, looks fantastic, but the coaches don't put him there, they keep him in this bubble of the same four plays. Looks like the same offense when Rhule coached, who had two coordinators. I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper is like look protect my asset make sure this poo is conservative but also score points.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He came on mostly defending what I was saying about the Texans doing a better job which you came in here and blew it off as coping.  Honestly you came in here trying to be dismissive of a conversation with a little dig snuck in there and of course people with react (which was probably the goal of your comment).  If there is some weird history between you two then keep it in the messages and not open forum if you don't want anyone else engaging.  If that has you shook for other reasons that I'm not aware of I apologize. 

I don't know where or why Young's hoodie comes into play, but if you want to critique him for it go ahead I guess?  I see Young being labeled as a bust just as often as people making excuses for him.  If he does continue down this road and busts I can only hope it gives Tepper the clarity to stay out of the football side of things.  

If a comment about you being related to Stroud because of how defensive you are about him causes you to be done engaging it kind of proves the point...

No he made it about people here defending Cam and not defending Bryce Young enough to his liking while ignoring the fact that Cam was a baller out of the gate in college and the NFL regardless of circumstances.

How many other players from that Auburn championship team went on to have lengthy careers? I'll have to go back and look but none come to mind. 

We both know Cam and CJ were under a microscope and we both know why.

I don't think you're paying enough attention we aren't going to agree clearly. I mean when I presented you with the actual data about the Texans run game compared to ours that shows they are right there with us you dismissed it. Then another angry poster came along and poo'd the post lol. Do I really have to keep giving you examples of the coping here?

I've watched zero Texans games. I think I've seen bits and pieces of a few highlight plays all year. I do not watch other teams. I have lost a great deal of interest in the league outside of the Panthers. Bryce Young can be the worst QB in the league and I'll still check in to see how he's doing. That doesn't mean I'm going to cope myself into a mess like some other folks here. I've said all I can say.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

No he made it about people here defending Cam and not defending Bryce Young enough to his liking while ignoring the fact that Cam was a baller out of the gate in college and the NFL regardless of circumstances.

How many other players from that Auburn championship team went on to have lengthy careers? I'll have to go back and look but none come to mind. 

We both know Cam and CJ were under a microscope and we both know why.

I don't think you're paying enough attention we aren't going to agree clearly. I mean when I presented you with the actual data about the Texans run game compared to ours that shows they are right there with us you dismissed it. Then another angry poster came along and poo'd the post lol. Do I really have to keep giving you examples of the coping here?

I've watched zero Texans games. I think I've seen bits and pieces of a few highlight plays all year. I do not watch other teams. I have lost a great deal of interest in the league outside of the Panthers. Bryce Young can be the worst QB in the league and I'll still check in to see how he's doing. That doesn't mean I'm going to cope myself into a mess like some other folks here. I've said all I can say.

The media’s dumb games about players is not what this thread has been about. You are turning this into something deep (and yes true). The heart of his comment was related to the topic and true IMO and as well as the author in the OP article.

“It is even weirder how when folks point out that the Texans have done a much better job of supporting CJ with pass protection, play calling, play design, receivers getting open, and finding success in the run game that some of CJ's fans get personally offended. I haven't seen anything stated nor insinuated that CJ is being carried by the Texans, but I've definitely seen his fans make sure to scream that CJ and CJ alone is the sole reason for the Texans' recent success (and damn any data or film showing otherwise!).”

The Cam comments were saying how Cam never got enough help here either. Obviously extreme example comparing Young to Cam, but we did Cam poorly here. He never got a WR1 and he never got a solid OL. Had we given him those things he might still be playing for us with a ring or two. We should want these things for any QB we have. 

The fact that you’ve watched 0 Texans games and still want to call out anyone who has a honest analysis about how well they have done assembling their team is telling. Keep jumping in with your “coping” troll comments, but some people on here want to actually talk about football. We can have a conversation about teams showing success like have 3 TOs and still winning a game against a top team. That’s a sign of a strong team and it’s not hating on Stroud. He is exactly what they needed and he is taking the league by storm. I wish he was here, but it’s better for him to be away from this poo show honestly. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, RumHam said:

What's funny is in August, looking at the depth charts, even now, ours looked better. Thielen statistically is a top WR. No one expected that. Compared him to what Robert Woods, who isn't even playing? Tate stepped up for them but in the preseason, i'd say either way between him and Mingo. We had Chark, high hopes, can't stay healthy don't do poo. Schultz and Hayden Hurst? Undoubtedly given the edge to hurst. He's done absolutely poo. Caught the first TD, hopes were high, then disappeared. Is it his fault? No. TMJ? No. Big regret was letting Shi Smith go. Stupid. Also, we had desires at RB and guy's as check down options out of the backfield. I STILL can't name who's running the ball for Houston. Is it still David Johnson?

You cannot sit here and tell me Houston has better options or offensive coaching. They also started with four backup lineman. This is all Stroud, he is him. Bryce defenders can cry more. Bryce, in the perfect sitation, looks fantastic, but the coaches don't put him there, they keep him in this bubble of the same four plays. Looks like the same offense when Rhule coached, who had two coordinators. I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper is like look protect my asset make sure this poo is conservative but also score points.

I really thought he would look better than this.  Our OL shouldn't be regressing this much, but here we are.  We have no blocking, no weapons, no separation, no speed, no identity, and we can't even decide who is going to call plays for this sad excuse for an offense.  Young is struggling as well which is expected for most rookies, but what we gave up to get him and where we drafted him we all expect much more from him and rightfully so.  It's honestly better for the NFL and better for Stroud that he didn't get stuck in this mess.  Would he look better? absolutely, but not as good as he does in Houston.  Props to Houston for doing him right.  I expect them to add more weapons and protection for their franchise QB.  

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The fact that you’ve watched 0 Texans games and still want to call out anyone who has a honest analysis about how well they have done assembling their team is telling. Keep jumping in with your “coping” troll comments

Comparing Bryce to Cam is peak desperation and should be treated as such at this point in time.

Jimmy you crack me up. If I said I had seen every Texans game from front to back you would have doubled down on your comments of me acting like his dad while you agonize and act incredibly offended by the word cope. Instead now you don't have that to fall back on so I apparently just don't have any knowledge of his season. It's called the NFL fantasy app my guy. It's a very useful tool for information.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Comparing Bryce to Cam is peak desperation and should be treated as such at this point in time.

Jimmy you crack me up. If I said I had seen every Texans game from front to back you would have doubled down on your comments of me acting like his dad while you agonize and act incredibly offended by the word cope. Instead now you don't have that to fall back on so I apparently just don't have any knowledge of his season. It's called the NFL fantasy app my guy. It's a very useful tool for information.

Oh poo you have the fantasy app my bad.  Makes you wonder why coaches or scouts ever watch tape with that fantasy app around right?  I just think the word "cope" is trending and being used when people don't like anything positive or just to completely troll/derail threads like in this case.  Repeating the same word/phrase over and over again when it isn't applicable is the Rippadon Effect wherever he may be.  Again this whole thread is in response to an article that none of us wrote.  We can compliment the Texans without hurting Stroud it's ok, I promise it's ok...