• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The elephant in the zone

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, BrianS said:

I do think there's a reason we won't switch, and it's our QB.  He can't run that scheme.

Frank Reich has never done it any other way.   It’s stil primarily a Frank issue.  He hasn’t had the talent to make it work before.  He doesn’t change. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I doubt that is the issue. I rather doubt it because it isn't like we are running a scheme that is taking advantage of his abilities

It appears more that our coaching staff on the offensive side just has no idea how to do anything other than what they are doing. Or is unwilling. Same difference.

Such as...

Don't forget to be mad at Filterer. The coach was brought in because he has a system and philosophy they wanted to bring to Carolina. It becomes the GM's job to sign people the head coach needs to fit into that system. Asking a head coach to change the scheme he was specifically hired to implement is necessary because of our situation, but shouldn't be.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You have somebody on both sides of you on the interior line. They can't just take a wide path and run around you.

It tends to be a better spot for guys like Ickey who have trouble with speed rushers.

I mean in theory but not when the two guys next to you are also getting dog walked.

Edited by kungfoodude

14 hours ago, rodeo said:

Asking a head coach to change the scheme he was specifically hired to implement is necessary because of our situation, but shouldn't be.

I don’t think Frank was hired to implement a stale, 1999 offense with zero creativity.

We play the same personnel group 95% of the time. We have almost no pre snap motion. Frank was in on the decisions to get rid of Moore and Forman.

Fitt deserves blame here, but Frank was here for all of these decisions.

Frank also promised to build around what our players do best. He lied. Instead, he implemented the exact same offense he got fired for in SD and Indy.