• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I had my PSLs for 16 years and gave mine up prior to last season.  I refused to sink my hard earned money into this train wreck any longer.  My wife had begged me for several years prior to give them up as we were going to fewer and fewer games, but I was stubborn.  Finally enough was enough and I didn't renew when Tepper brought back Rhule after two horrible seasons.

When you say ‘gave them up’, was your contract up and didn’t renew, did you sell them?

I want to do the same but I have the 2024 year remaining…23 years ending for me…had enough.

• Pie 2

I try to root for other teams in other sports but my heart just isn't in it.  I only have an emotional investment (which has also been a financial investment) in the Panthers. 

We clearly have a top-down problem.   In the corporate world,  the Board fires the CEO.  In the NFL, you're screwed for 20 years or until the owner dies or sells.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

When you say ‘gave them up’, was your contract up and didn’t renew, did you sell them?

I want to do the same but I have the 2024 year remaining…23 years ending for me…had enough.

Contract? It's a yearly renewal with season ticket purchase.  You own the rights to your seat(s)--the license--as long as you keep buying the tickets.  I chose to stop buying season tickets and forfeited my rights to those seats.  Yes, I tried to sell them, but I wasn't getting any bites even at a few hundred dollars each.  I chose to walk away than sell them for a few bucks.  That would have been insult to injury.

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Contract? It's a yearly renewal with season ticket purchase.  You own the rights to your seat(s)--the license--as long as you keep buying the tickets.  I chose to stop buying season tickets and forfeited my rights to those seats.  Yes, I tried to sell them, but I wasn't getting any bites even at a few hundred dollars each.  I chose to walk away than sell them for a few bucks.  That would have been insult to injury.

Hmmm.  It’s usually a 4, 6, 8 year agreement.  For that you get a set price for those years. 

are you saying you walked away from that agreement, not owing the term….just trying to understand the methodology.  You can message me on the board too

Not trying to grill you in here.  I have 2 seats at club level that I want gone next year 

22 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Hmmm.  It’s usually a 4, 6, 8 year agreement.  For that you get a set price for those years. 

are you saying you walked away from that agreement, not owing the term….just trying to understand the methodology.  You can message me on the board too

Not trying to grill you in here.  I have 2 seats at club level that I want gone next year 

Club level may be different.  I literally paid the PSL fee along with the cost of tickets that first year. I don't recall paying PSL fees in multiple years, but could have.  The agreement stated that the rights to the seats would be forfeited for failure to purchase season tickets.  That much was spelled out clearly.  This is pushing 20 years ago, so I might be foggy on those details.

Are you on a payment plan for your PSLs?  I mean, if you are penalized, if the fee is cheaper than the tickets and you really don't want to go, then perhaps pay the penalty.  Plus add in the cost of game day itself, it might be worth crunching the numbers to see if it makes financial sense.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

44 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Club level may be different.  I literally paid the PSL fee along with the cost of tickets that first year. I don't recall paying PSL fees in multiple years, but could have.  The agreement stated that the rights to the seats would be forfeited for failure to purchase season tickets.  That much was spelled out clearly.  This is pushing 20 years ago, so I might be foggy on those details.

Are you on a payment plan for your PSLs?  I mean, if you are penalized, if the fee is cheaper than the tickets and you really don't want to go, then perhaps pay the penalty.  Plus add in the cost of game day itself, it might be worth crunching the numbers to see if it makes financial sense.

Thanks .…no, not on a payment plan 

I have great seats, 35 yard line Panthers side under an overhang…I’ve seen greatness in those seats…great times with friends    I never thought I would fully give them up, even with my unexpected move this year to the West Coast

…that was then and I positively despise Tepper for ruining this franchise. I’ve sadly accepted that it will be years before they are even watchable and as he has little concern for my misery, I have to move on. 

nothing lasts forever. 

A few years ago the ticket office made club seat members agree to 5-10% increase in ticket price over 3-4 years, not sure if that was a contract. As reward they sent you a signed helmet from someone who is not on team any longer. Example of panthers stupidity and $$$ cost. Face value on cowboys game was $600 seat or close. I am so glad I am out of those seats. Even at the huge loss I sold seats at…the joke of club, no resale value because of cost of tickets. 90% of people in my section were corporate and not fans. I am glad to be sitting around Panthers fan in 100s.

I’m in the same boat as OP…

PSL owner since 2006. Have travelled to 10+ away games. Spent plenty of $$ following this team…

it’s just not worth it anymore and I only have nosebleeds. The product in the field is not worth my $1350 a year plus parking, beer, and food. Not to mention my TIME

The only reason I have renewed these last two years is my wife but even she’s seeing how much we’ll save by just buying tickets on the street 2 or 3 times a year.

I’m not renewing next season.

Thanks, Tepper. Job well done

• Pie 1

I don't blame anyone one iota for refusing to pay good money for this product. That's the only true way to send a message.

All that being said. Jerry Richardson in comparison to the shitshow that has been the Tepper years was obviously more successful. But I don't want to go back to that either. Before Cam got here and put his stamp on the culture Jerry let the Panthers be a doormat to the NFL often to the detriment of our own franchise. Wherever we go from here just expect better than either of the two between JR and Tepper.

• Pie 1