• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope David Tepper is aware of a basic truth

CRA

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Issue is we aren’t just missing on coaches and trying again.

while we are missing on coaches, we are also depleting this team of talent.  I can’t think of a time where the talent around the QB was this weak.   It’s an offensive league and they purged us of our talent and bragged about how some how Bryce Young doesn’t and wouldn’t need it. 

I agree and see your point but I do agree with Tepper in that if you don't have a QB, you don't have anything and after 5-6 years of trying to find a QB we shot our shot with Bryce.  Even with hindsight I'd do it again.

I think we'll be better off with Bryce in a few years than if we'd stayed the course with Rhule.

But if Bryce does turn out to be a bust, you're right that we're at the bottom of the barrel with assets.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Honestly, Zach Gelb made a point on Twitter that this might best because even though this job isn’t attractive, the hot candidates sometimes aren’t what they are cracked up to be. Find your Sirriani and forget about the Harbaughs, McDaniels, and Rhules of the cycle. 

What if a candidate doesn’t want young as their qb?

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

You could have done literally nothing after you fired Matt Rhule…and that version of the Panthers would be significantly better than the team you have today.  

Firing Matt Rhule was the right call.  And you saw that instantly.

Firing Frank will be the right call.   I suspect if you fired Frank and someone did some very basic and obvious fixes you would see a better team even this season.  .  

But you have a hiring problem.  You have a front office problem.  You are part of the problem.  You keep creating worse and worse messes. 

I'll disagree with you here about Rhule. The time to fire him was at the end of season 2. We didn't and kept him, then fired him 5 games in knowing we needed a QB and t a top pick to get one. What made the most sense at that point was to keep Rhule, say fug the season, and go into the offseason with one of the top 3 picks. 

You could argue that getting into the playoffs would have been success, but it wouldn't have actually fixed the problem. Darnold isn't/wasn't this team's future. Doing what was necessary required vision. But we don't do that here. 

Firing Rhule was right. The decision to do it at that time was definitely wrong. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'll disagree with you here about Rhule. The time to fire him was at the end of season 2. We didn't and kept him, then fired him 5 games in knowing we needed a QB and t a top pick to get one. What made the most sense at that point was to keep Rhule, say fug the season, and go into the offseason with one of the top 3 picks. 

You could argue that getting into the playoffs would have been success, but it wouldn't have actually fixed the problem. Darnold isn't/wasn't this team's future. Doing what was necessary required vision. But we don't do that here. 

Firing Rhule was right. The decision to do it at that time was definitely wrong. 

Oh no doubt, Rhule should have never seen that 3rd season.  He fired him late. 

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

The answers were obvious in front of his face he just didn’t want them.

Promote Wilks to HC

Resign Cam

Draft Stroud or AR

Keep last years running game and philosophy 

Keep DJ Moore

CMC too.  No point in trading him for what we did. 

• Pie 4

17 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

You get to that bridge when you cross it but Young isn’t a deterrent right now. If he was playing year 2 or 3 like this sure but he’s putting up rookie numbers as a rookie.

He's a deterrent if Tepper says he's the QB and the candidate watches the film and says, yeah... that dude ain't it 

• Beer 1

everything was going in the right direction after firing rhule.

this wouldn't sting so bad had rhule been fired after the season and everything transitioned into the trash heap we're watching now.

what we saw on the field the second half of last year was the foundation you build on. wilks may not have been the long term answer, but there's no denying what he was establishing was.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a deterrent if Tepper says he's the QB and the candidate watches the film and says, yeah... that dude ain't it 

and you can’t plug Bryce into anything.   I mean, you get pigeonholed to having to build your scheme to suit Bryce.