• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

Just now, TN05 said:

No clue how many would thrive, but I think most good quarterbacks would show some flashes at minimum and I've seen no actual plays from Young that make me go "wow". Just an occasional "that was a good pass" sandwiched between pick sixes and fumbles.

Yeah...Afraid not.

You could put just about anybody in this spot and the most improvement you'd likely get is maybe a few more games won.

Plenty of people see it.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Very few are still defending Fields, but either way Fields has at least had time to show who he is.

If you just want to say "well he sucks", that's pretty easy to do and doesn't really require any digging or analysis.

If you actually want to get at the truth, it's a little more complicated than that.

Mr. Scot, apologies, but I don't feel like getting into a pissing match this morning.  Here is what I see:

-He's short--can't fix that

-He's lite in the arse and can't generate NFL sufficient tork/velocity

-He's inaccurate outside of the number beyond ~15yards.

-He's not hitting tight windows

-He has no internal clock/innate sense of where the danger is in the pocket

-Despite his size, is not overly elusive

-He has horrible mechanics

--He throws with his feet not planted, usually on his the balls of his feet

--His feet is not square

--Has a long wind up

--Has a shot put motion when generating more power for longer throws, creating an even longer wind up

--Has some silly hop--not hitches--before some throws

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Mr. Scot, apologies, but I don't feel like getting into a pissing match this morning.  Here is what I see:

-He's like in the arse and can't generate NFL sufficient tork/velocity

--His feet is not square

--Has a long wind up

--Has a shot put motion when generating more power for longer throws, creating an even longer wind up

Pin this post

If there is one narrative that has been proved wrong its the one that Bryce is going to get hurt because of his size. Bryce is small, not fragile. With the way this coaching staff and oline have failed to protect him, he shouldve been hurt or knocked out by now. Somehow, the dude shows both mental and toughness that keeps him from getting hurt. 

The problem is that he doesnt have the speed, size or arm strength to bail him out when things go wrong. 

Edited by TheWiz

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

We've all discussed it adnauseum.

But you still don't want to see your #1 pick you traded up to acquire looking like and ranked the worst quarterback in the league. You can't just blame that away unfortunately.

Our only hope is to see him next season under what we think may be a new regime. I'm not so sure though.

One thing I can tell you regardless of whether it's Reich or whomever. Bryce Young has to start taking snaps from center and look good doing it or it will not matter who his coach is.

He actually did that yesterday... briefly.

They've made the investment and they can't go back on it. Couldn't have said the wrong investment? Yes, it could have.

But this is not the way to see that.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I apologize if the argument this over your head. I can't fix that.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Bryce Young. The quarterback play is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Young's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these passes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Bryce Young truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Young's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Bryce Young tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

• Pie 1

Greg Olsen is a Panther for life he is not going to pile on Bryce Young he's offering him a lifeline that's good he's a stand up guy I would not expect any less. Ellis? We've already covered that.

I get the sense most former players saying this and that just don't want to make Bryce Young's life even worse. And yes having played for Alabama absolutely helps don't even kid yourself for a second. It's a hell of a lot more support than Cam Newton had after being rookie of the year and the Charlotte Observer put out that Hello Kitty picture and scathing article that followed.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

--His feet is not square

--Has a long wind up

Yeah, a lot of those points aren't really correct. It's just a lot of the same pre-draft criticisms rehashed.

One is though. His footwork needs work. So did Newton's. 

Did it get the work it needed in an environment where he was constantly being harassed? No. What happened instead was the bad habits got reinforced. That wasn't his fault though.

You really think it's fair to do the same thing to Young and then blame him for it?

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

--His feet is not square

--Has a long wind up

100% facts

3 minutes ago, TN05 said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Bryce Young. The quarterback play is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Young's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these passes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Bryce Young truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Young's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Bryce Young tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I laughed 😄