• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

4 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I swear if this guy went to any college other than Alabama the knives would be out, this is a historically awful season for a number one pick.

Eh, not so much that--where a guy goes to school-- as the NFL doesn't like to see their top *brand* guys flop.  They rally around top draft picks not playing well, especially in year one. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Make the affirmative case for Bryce Young yourself. Don't rely on analysts. What has he actually shown that's even remotely promising? He can't throw deep. He has no zip on short/intermediate routes. His screen passes are so lazy defenders routinely take them back for touchdowns. He has zero chemistry with receivers not named Adam Thielen.

What flashes has he shown?

Young has indeed shown the ability to make reads and throw accurate passes. It's also pretty clear he works best in an up tempo offense.

The problem is he's constantly under duress, throwing the receivers who get those out as much separation as I could, and he's not playing under center at all when he really should be doing it a lot more.

Is he a pro level quarterback? My honest answer is I don't know yet, and I don't know how you can tell given what he's being asked to operate in right now.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is any of the criticism of what's surrounding Young invalid?

We've all discussed it adnauseum.

But you still don't want to see your #1 pick you traded up to acquire looking like and ranked the worst quarterback in the league. You can't just blame that away unfortunately.

Our only hope is to see him next season under what we think may be a new regime. I'm not so sure though.

One thing I can tell you regardless of whether it's Reich or whomever. Bryce Young has to start taking snaps from center and look good doing it or it will not matter who his coach is.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

There are enough plays out there now through 9 games where he’s had proper protection and a guy open and has simply not seen him.

That’s a problem

Whether or not he’s in full panic mode back there already who knows but either way it’s not good

No see that's still not his fault, if we surrounded him with all-pro receivers and a line he'll look okay

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Says the poster that was still defending fitt and Reich as of last week.  You have a clear agenda 

Yeah sure 😁

I mean, all those comments I've made for a while now about us running the wrong scheme are clearly a defense of Frank Reich, right?

That is, unless they really aren't and maybe somebody just has no clue what they're reading 🤔

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

How many quarterbacks can you know that would thrive in his current situation?

No clue how many would thrive, but I think most good quarterbacks would show some flashes at minimum and I've seen no actual plays from Young that make me go "wow". Just an occasional "that was a good pass" sandwiched between pick sixes and fumbles.

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

There are enough plays out there now through 9 games where he’s had proper protection and a guy open and has simply not seen him.

That’s a problem

Whether or not he’s in full panic mode back there already who knows but either way it’s not good

Unless he's getting David Cart'd.

Which, if it's true, likely means there's little chance of fixing him.