• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need a goalie.

Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, organicrusty1201 said:

Totally agree, they rolled the dice on the goalie situation and got craps, with all the talent and depth on this team and with the style they play can you imagine what a powerhouse we would be with an elite goalie? We are screwed now, we can't just trade for another average stiff, only hope is to stay in the playoff hunt and score a big name goalie at the deadline.

That is the ideal plan for sure. 

I know Stumpy wants the Juice, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Kaapo Kahkonen is a possibility from San Jose and wouldn't be expensive.  One other name to watch would be Connor Ingram who plays for Arizona.  Ingram would cost more, but has pretty good numbers and to be fair I am not even sure Arizona would trade him....

The pickings are slim, but if Freddy isn't coming back Donny Waddles has to do something IMO.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Canesfan said:

This is the reality. The Canes are in a world of trouble with no end in sight.

There is good news. Someone said it earlier. We have good players. Some are just a bad fit. We can afford to let go of some players to get what we need. Also, we have some really quality prospects that are getting about that time for a look. 

but I’ll say it again….a good goalie will fix 80% of our problems. A true sniper will take us to the cup. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

There is good news. Someone said it earlier. We have good players. Some are just a bad fit. We can afford to let go of some players to get what we need. Also, we have some really quality prospects that are getting about that time for a look. 

but I’ll say it again….a good goalie will fix 80% of our problems. A true sniper will take us to the cup. 

Not sure why you are on about a sniper… we have plenty of them. People just know our lanes and block shots. 

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not sure why you are on about a sniper… we have plenty of them. People just know our lanes and block shots. 

Agreed, we take waaaay too many shots from outside that get blocked a/o deflected before they get to the net.

Even if they do get to the net we don't have anyone parked there like there needs to be if that's going to be our game plan.  Also, if you do finally park someone in front of the net they have to have good hands i.e. not Staal or Marty....Bunting can locate, pick the puck up, and place a rebound as good as anyone I've seen on the Canes this year.  Maybe Noesen too??

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1