• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A year to early, Tepp, Fitt, Reich

CBird

11 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

This is obviously ridiculous but hear me out..... What about trading Bryce in the off-season for whatever we could get to a QB needy team that believes they could develop him and using what we get and our second to try to get as high as we can and draft one of the QB's from this year in the draft? 

We'd be better off just riding it out another year.  If Bryce is actually as bad as some people think he is, then we should be picking top-3 in 2025 anyway and can get a QB then.

No reason to make any more short-sighted decisions.  Just keep riding it out.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

There are enough QB prospects in the 2024 draft that the Panthers will probably be picking one in the later rounds or maybe trading up depending on the staff. I suggested picking a second QB in the 2023 draft ala RGIII and Kirk Cousins but I got pooed and laughed at. Guess what would have been a good idea….

18 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I’ve only watched one Stroud game, Panthers vs Texans, and he looked just as terrible as Bryce the few times he had immediate pressure like Bryce has had to deal with on what feels like damn near every drop back all season. Richardson has the same injury that ended Cam’s arm. Imagining that either would be some panacea to this atrocious offense is absolutely ridiculous. If we drafted Stroud you would be talking about him as a bust in this offense.

Maybe watch another game? 

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

There are enough QB prospects in the 2024 draft that the Panthers will probably be picking one in the later rounds or maybe trading up depending on the staff. I suggested picking a second QB in the 2023 draft ala RGIII and Kirk Cousins but I got pooed and laughed at. Guess what would have been a good idea….

Fitts said they strongly considered drafting Howell even after drafting Corral. Then again, Fitts also said he'd love to have Corral back after releasing him and Corral has spent the entire season on the couch, so yeah...

19 hours ago, CBird said:

I truly hope that karma and the football gods make me eat my words, but I said it before and it’s starting to look like the Panthers brain trust couldn’t hold their water and went all in for a QB a year to early.

Think about it, we could have had Jalen Carter or Christian Gonzalez in last years draft, and had our pick of this years crop of QB’s in the draft.

Would you rather have Bryce Young or…..?

Caleb Williams

Drake Maye

Bo Nix

Michael Penix

Cameron Ward

Shedur Sanders

Jordan Travis

Dillon Gabriel

Jayden Daniels

………..

Gonna be a long cold winter until the panthers are competitive and in playoffs with a chance to get to big show.

LOl, I was saying this a year ago.  I was a lone voice in the wilderness though.  Oh well, better to join the party late than never show up at all.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Should we consider trading Bryce? Honestly, yeah. 

Will we? There's a better chance that Tepper sells the team and donated the proceeds to charity.

Tepper will never admit he was the driving force behind Bryce.  Fitterer, while not blameless, I feel was pressured to go with Bryce either directly or indirectly.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper will never admit he was the driving force behind Bryce.  Fitterer, while not blameless, I feel was pressured to go with Bryce either directly or indirectly.

It just seems like everyone Tepper hires is basically just a fall guy. If Bryce was out there killing it there's a 100% chance that Tepper would be all smiles, showing up at tailgates, and giving plenty of media interviews where he would be proudly talking credit for being personally involved in the selection of Bryce. But since Bryce looks terrible and the QB a lot of fans wanted is absolutely lighting it up he fades quietly into the background to sulk.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Next year's class always looks better because people haven't started picking those guys apart as NFL prospects yet. There's a rookie QB rewriting rookie record books right now. We didn't make a terrible move going all in on a QB. We just picked the wrong QB.

Statistically speaking, a 100% bust QB class is rare. So yes, Stroud looks like the one keeping last year's class from being one of those anomalies.  However, you have bumper crops at positions each draft.  Last year was slim pickings at QB.  The 2024 QB class has more to chose from, quantity and quality, so it up to the teams to choose wisely.

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said he looks like a potential top 10 pick yesterday. I don't think he will be. I expect him to probably go somewhere in the mid-late firsts. There are questions whether or not he can carry an offense, even at the college level. Michigan is very much a run first offense. More like a '90s style throwback NFL offense.

I didn’t see anything yesterday that says top 10 pick either.  I agree that Michigan is a run first offense which is why I saw nothing yesterday that says top 10 pick.  He didn’t seem to throw downfield much …not sure if that is on him or lack of decent receivers. I really don’t think he is even a first round pick from what I watched this year, but again it is more difficult to determine when they run the ball so much. 

Here’s how I think it goes down with Tepper. 

Bryce will not be afforded another fake injury (God what an embarrassing look). Motivated Andy will kill it again, energizing the offense, showing emotion and enjoying every second of it. Both offense and defensive energy will immediately improve. And Tepper knows it. This look will not be allowed. It makes Tepper look like the fool he is.  

Tepper hopefully will allow us to go QB in the next draft. Hopefully. Much like Rhule, I think Bryce will have to go way past his expiration date to give the look of ‘I gave him a chance but he couldn’t put it together.’ A save face move. 

I’ll never be convinced that Tepper isn’t at the helm. When EVER has a team gone in to the off-season with momentum, ‘upgrading’ staff and key positions, getting the #-freaking-1 pick……. and be 1 and NINE!!! And you’re telling me that a veteran NFL staff is behind all of this? Please. 

The 5 year plan means to have an entire team of early 1st rounders that we win based off of sheer talent alone. 

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

The trade would have been a home run….if we drafted Stroud but Tepper royally screwed up and drafted a bust. 

I didn't like the trade.  We gave up too much, that was even before we drafted Bryce, so this isn't a hindsight 20/20 thing.  This team had/has too many holes to give up that much PREMIUM draft capital.  Fast forward, now we have a bust (in the making) AND lack all those premium picks.  NEVER, EVER put all your eggs in one basket.  There's a reason why these old sayings still ring true.  This front office went all in on Bryce at the expense of the future health of the team/organization and it's looking like a major backfire probably taking at least two years to dig out from this hole no matter who the GM and HC are, current or other.