• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 WRs to Target in the Next Two Drafts

tukafan21

Sure, I'll admit there is a slight (major?) bias here with me being an Arizona alum and them both being Wildcats, but I think we need to try and get Jacob Cowing in the 3rd or 4th round of this upcoming draft and then find a way to get Tetairoa McMillan in 2025 (even though he's likely looking like a 1st rounder and our 1st could be used on a new QB).

Cowing is exactly who Bryce needed this year, a smaller quick twitch guy who thrives out of the slot but can also play out wide (think he'll be like a Tank Dell and be a mid rounder who explodes next year as long as he gets put into the right situation that needs to use him as a rookie).

McMillan is just a flat out stud with amazing hands, reminds me a bit of AJ Green while watching him play, he's going to be a #1 WR in the NFL for a long time.

Feel like our needs/draft position may take us out of the running for McMillan in 2 years, but I really hope they look at Cowing as a mid round pick in this next draft, he's exactly what we've been missing this year for Bryce.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 3

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Can we get a #1 WR first?

Yes, we need a #1 WR now, but that doesn't change that we need to get us one of those quick twitch WRs for Bryce to get the ball to and let them go to work, it's a key position in the NFL these days and something we don't have.

That's Cowing to a T, particularly as he's a VERY crisp and polished route runner.

Don't look at his lower yardage stats this season and think it's because he's bad, just that the offense changed this year along with McMillan just taking over a lot this year.  He's still going to end up with his most receptions in a season, only a couple behind last year now with the bowl game to play.

McMillan is more of a pipe dream as my guess is we're drafting too high and could need a QB with that top 5 pick while he ends up going in the teens somewhere (also could have solved our #1 WR by then), but he's going to be an absolute stud in this league, his hands are out of this world and has made a couple utterly insane catches this year.

Edited by tukafan21

54 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Sure, I'll admit there is a slight (major?) bias here with me being an Arizona alum and them both being Wildcats, but I think we need to try and get Jacob Cowing in the 3rd or 4th round of this upcoming draft and then find a way to get Tetairoa McMillan in 2025 (even though he's likely looking like a 1st rounder and our 1st could be used on a new QB).

Cowing is exactly who Bryce needed this year, a smaller quick twitch guy who thrives out of the slot but can also play out wide (think he'll be like a Tank Dell and be a mid rounder who explodes next year as long as he gets put into the right situation that needs to use him as a rookie).

McMillan is just a flat out stud with amazing hands, reminds me a bit of AJ Green while watching him play, he's going to be a #1 WR in the NFL for a long time.

Feel like our needs/draft position may take us out of the running for McMillan in 2 years, but I really hope they look at Cowing as a mid round pick in this next draft, he's exactly what we've been missing this year for Bryce.

As a big fan of college ball, Cowing doesn't have what it takes at the next level. You shouldn't use adjectives to hype a guy up just cause you are bias towards him. He would be lucky to be as good as Burks. If Fitter is smart, he will draft Xavier Worthy with good hands and breakaway speed from being a track star. Also like Roman Wilson who has the straight line speed along with his tough moxey that i like in a receiver but he will be gone in the first round. We will never win without a receiver who can spread the defense away with fear. NEVER!

5 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

As a big fan of college ball, Cowing doesn't have what it takes at the next level. You shouldn't use adjectives to hype a guy up just cause you are bias towards him. He would be lucky to be as good as Burks. If Fitter is smart, he will draft Xavier Worthy with good hands and breakaway speed from being a track star. Also like Roman Wilson who has the straight line speed along with his tough moxey that i like in a receiver but he will be gone in the first round. We will never win without a receiver who can spread the defense away with fear. NEVER!

I'm not a big enough college football fan to talk about other players, and yea, I'm sure there are other great options for a mid round speed WR, maybe/probably better than Cowing.

But he 100% is an NFL WR and that is said with zero bias.  He transferred into Arizona last year and his route running stood out to me from day 1, it's been clear to me that he's an NFL slot WR from game 1 and nothing has changed my mind on that.

No, he's not a prototypical outside WR with #1 potential, but he's going to stick around as a slot WR for a long time in this league, I'm very much convinced of that.

And T-Mac will be a 1st round pick in 2025, I'd bet money on that right now without a second thought.

Edited by tukafan21

Just now, bythenbrs said:

Shouldn’t we fix the o-line first?  I know this is the proverbial ‘which came first, the chicken or the egg’ question but, Bryce has to remain upright long enough to throw to our shiny, new WR, in whatever round he is drafted.

Depends on the blocking scheme we use. If it's zone again ... then we'll have more questions than answers. 

In a Gap scheme we could actually play to our current lineman strengths particularly in the run game. And in Pass pro we'd atleast finally have a somewhat answer to stunts. 

Depends on our coach. 

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

He is too small