• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly I don't even blame Reich for this

TN05

14 hours ago, TN05 said:

Reich was probably brought into this with the idea of drafting his QB and picking his staff. He got the staff... but Tepper demanded Young. Reich caved. And now Young looks really bad, and Reich looks bad as a result.

The real problem here is Tepper. Reich isn't a great coach, but I don't think he's this bad. Every bit of our offseason lands on Tepper. The knives are going to start coming out once heads roll, and I think a lot of people are going to start talking about how this wasn't their choice once they lose their jobs.

It has all the ear markings of owner meddling.  I agree, I don't think Reich is a great coach, but I think he's at worst an average one...  this is all from an owner forcing his say into football matters and now the staff and FO are stuck sith his dumbass decisions.  All the guys that have ever played for Reich in Indy raved about him and loved him, and despite a horrible hand of luck with QBs there, he made chicken salad out of chicken poo repeatedly and when he had a QB that fit his system, he had some really great years.  So the fact his offense looks so dysfunctional rn tells me this was not a QB that fit what he is trying to do.  

And all of this again brings me to the conclusion that we're stuck with this poo, Reich or no Reich.  The coach doesn't matter, the GM doesn't matter, none of that poo matters because Tepper is sticking his nose in places where it doesn't belong and then like a true billionaire, places his employees on the chopping block for his own dumbass mistakes.  I fuging hate him.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Someone in the building had to have wanted CJ Stroud at least initially. We won't know the truth for a few years probably. But it will come out.

On a side note. I am personally done hearing about Tua in reference to Bryce Young's struggles. The Dolphins are winning beating up bad teams. They have a very capable coaching staff. And they've built a fairly stacked roster. We don't and won't have any of those things for some time. I am of the opinion that 2025 will be the year we draft yet another QB. Unless Bryce Young loads up on HGH he is not going to be much if at all different physically next season. Defenses do not respect his arm talent. It isn't there.

Bryce was always the number one prospect, both the Colts and Texans were gonna take him if given the chance 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 8:47 PM, CalebTheBrave said:

Let me tell you, as a longtime Colts fan, and watching the Panthers this year, our problem in Indianapolis for so many years was not our talent level, it was our coaching. Chuck pagano/Frank Reich were most definitely our problem, both wonderful human beings, but in over their heads in the modern NFL. 

The only thing that saved Pagano and Reich for so long was Andrew Luck being Elite... Once he left, it was obvious our coaching staff was continually letting our players/Fans down...

Bryce Young is a good albeit small QB, he can win in this league, your roster is not as bad as it looks either, the colts instantly turned it around with our new HC who understands the modern NFL, scheme, Speed,Space is what wins in the league these days, and sorry to say, but Reich doesn't and never had schemed around those modern ideals, it's way past time for him to go, you need a modern schemer, built for todays game, if you get that, look out, Bryce and this team can make some noise, I mean look at what Indianapolis is doing with a less than ideal QB/Roster. 

Coaching is the issue here, from a colts/Panthers fan, 

Better days are ahead.

Well, we'd be hard pressed to have worse days ahead as a franchise.

• Beer 1

People who complain about how Frank coached are missing the boat. He never wanted to Bryce. He knows enough football  at this stage of his life to know a disaster when he sees it. I don’t think anyone on the staff that ever played a snap of NFL ball wanted Bryce, regardless of what has been said. Tepper will always get the final say on everything. It’s his money. Would you let someone else spend your millions unless you’re in on it? It’s just unfortunate that his decisions have been wrong every single time. 

Frank’s out was ‘fire me, or I’ll get your toy murdered every week until you cave.’ He knew that Tepper would eventually have to do it. The crime scene we all saw week after week after week was 100% orchestrated, and sadly I don’t think his team mates really minded all that much. 

Evaluating Frank’s job here gets an incomplete because the only thing he put work in to was seeing how badly he could get killed, once Bryce became the choice. I’d almost pay to hear how conversations between him and Tepper went after the draft. 

We all know he’s a bad coach overall, but he ended up being pretty darn good at getting the better of a billionaire manipulative jerk. He would go through the motions each week so he couldn’t be fired with just cause. Frank doesn’t get his money this way.

Tepper screwed him over, so he found a way to return the favor…. And take a lot of his money in the process. 

The team is not good, but talent evaluations for our offensive players gets an incomplete with how events unfolded. 

I was outraged that we hired a recently fired coach, after the revolving door of recycled project QBs,I didn't see him being any better than Rhule , and it turned out I was right 

But has the disfunction and mismanagement of the Teppers became more and more clear, and the revelation that he was banking on CJ Stroud to be his QB and was over ruled by Nicole , forced to take mini-mouse , with no offensive talent to help him , he was in a doomed situation 

And sadly any coach that comes after him is going to be in the same nightmare , our problems are at the top , and there is nothing us has fans can do anything about it, we are in for a very dark future