• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Talking about a .547 win % as if that's a great record. Guess what Rivera's win % was in Carolina? .546% and folks couldn't wait to run him out of here. Reich is and always has been a mediocre head coach. 

I think part of Holder's point is that he had an interfering owner with the Colts as well. In that case, one who actually dictated to him who he'd start at quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What we really need is an owner whisperer.

Well at least Tepper has hired on his young trophy wife in an official team capacity. And like so many brave pioneers before her, when she realizes she doesn’t have to be married to the old billionaire for herself to be a billionaire, she will divorce him, take half the team in a settlement, some typical allegations of impropriety will surface and the outrage mob will force a sale. I figure another 4-6 years of this before the team gets sold again. My vote is for the Saudi’s. Say what you want about human rights abuses, the guys know how to throw money at a problem to fix it!

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think part of Holder's point is that he had an interfering owner with the Colts as well. In that case, one who actually dictated to him who he'd start at quarterback.

Bullshit. That only happened in his last few games there. I give Reich the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having to roll with Brissett when Luck retired right before the season, but I don't think Irsay was the one pushing Reich to go for Rivers, Wentz, or Ryan. I firmly believe all three of those, and especially Wentz, were guys Reich advocated for.

People tout Reich's record with 5 different starting QBs as if that's not an indictment of Reich. I think Tepper is probably embarrassed that he bought into this QB whisperer aura when all Reich is proven, especially post Sirianni, is that he can put together a plodding offense with a veteran QB. Not surprised that @Leaky_Faucet has mentioned time and again that Reich wanted Carr here rather than a rookie QB. BTW, Carr looks like garbage in New Orleans too, so that doesn't reflect well on Reich either IMO.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PanthersFan1234 said:

I looked it up, yeah, it looks like you are right, he only lasted 3 games before resigning as Falcons head coach

I was wrong, he lasted 13 games so he is not the first, I looked it up Pete McCulley is the shortest with 9 games unless you count Belichick who only lasted 1 day or George Allen who lasted 2 preseason games

Edited by PanthersFan1234

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Bullshit. That only happened in his last few games there. I give Reich the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having to roll with Brissett when Luck retired right before the season, but I don't think Irsay was the one pushing Reich to go for Rivers, Wentz, or Ryan. I firmly believe all three of those, and especially Wentz, were guys Reich advocated for.

It happened before that.

Holder had an extensive story about Reich's last year in Indianapolis and the absolute sh-t show that resulted in Jim Itsay hiring (and trying to keep) Jeff Saturday as his head coach.

I'm sure Reich was happy to get away from Irsay, but then he got stuck with David Tepper.