• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious question: what HC candidate in their right mind would want to come here?

t96

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Disagree with Field Yates. Tepper can do wonders by meeting and discussing job security with potential candidates. Tepper has to SELL the organization as much as the candidates have to sell him. He could better sell the organization by admitting he is a meddling owner as well as his wife and that they both plan to take a step back and let actual football knowledgeable people run the show. This may give many great candidates some actual comfort and reassurance. It's all about him selling the organization to actual potentially GOOD coaches. When you have fired Rhule and Reich in the way you did it's now your responsibility to market and sell your team to those who are trying to sell themselves in an interview as well. Tepper is a financial genius, I'm sure he already knows this but the question is will his ego allow it to admit his faults to himself and to figure candidates

He has to be willing to do this first.

Right now, there's no indication that he is.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He admitted he made the wrong hire in just 11 weeks.    He will never publicly say anything of the sort about his involvement but actions speak louder than words.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The list will be long, the job is that much of a rarity. 

And, honestly, with Bryce we could end up with a situation like the Jaguars did... new coach, new plan, better ability, and you start to build a guy worth the pick.

And I'm betting that as soon as the offseason hits, we will get Burn's contract nailed down for a mint and then promptly trade him to a team for a mid-round first round draft pick.

I don't really care if the list is long.

I want it to be good.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

That's the hope but the Jags got somewhat lucky that Pederson was available at the time and interested. What SB winning HC can we get to save us?

Honestly, I don't know. We could be both surprised and angered by who we pick up.

And I don't think Belichick is going to be free (not that I want him). I think Belichick is doing the most covert tank job of all time so he can have pick number 2 in the draft AND get the QB he wants.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well I sure hope he does. I mean if we all can see it why the heck can't the genius see it? If one is so intellectually gifted, they should be able to see past their own ego and do a very unbiased self assessment to check themselves and improve themselves. He is a smart guy so I just expect some things that he should be able to do. If I can do it with all my faults then I expect anyone to be able to swallow some pride and check the ego to do it as well.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really care if the list is long.

I want it to be good.

Me, too. And obviously, unquestionably, without a doubt, blindman find it in the dark good. Like heralded by the trumpets of angels good.

But, like when we fired Rivera and hired Rhule, then fired Rhule and hired Reich, I'm going in with this caveat: "What we get may be worse than what we jettisoned."

I was right about that when we let Rivera go. And again after Rhule (and who in the world would have thought that, not me even). 

Let me be wrong this time, let me be wrong! Please.

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

So you are saying that the message from Tepper was sent out before they told the team? I don’t buy that. I think Franks agent leaked it

Frank's agent has the ability to post on the Panthers official Twitter?

To tell the truth, it wouldn't really be beneficial to Frank's agent anyway. 

Regardless of how it got out, the fact that it did is just another testament to how big a sh-t show Tepper is running.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Frank's agent has the ability to post on the Panthers official Twitter?

To tell the truth, it wouldn't really be beneficial to Frank's agent anyway. 

Regardless of how it got out, the fact that it did is just another testament to how big a sh-t show Tepper is running.

Why?

He fired the coach.  The report was leaked to media before the front office could meet with the  players.  They were on their phone and saw the reports.

This doesn't mean anything.   Tepp has sucked as an owner but this is nothing.

• Flames 1