• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“A lot of people would take this job”

ncfan

We're hanging our hat on what people said before the draft now?

Why not just start posting Alabama highlights too?

Sure there will be people that will want the job. Doesn't mean they won't have their work cut out for them navigating Bryce's phsyical limitations.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

We're hanging our hat on what people said before the draft now?

Why not just start posting Alabama highlights too?

Sure there will be people that will want the job. Doesn't mean they won't have their work cut out for them navigating Bryce's phsyical limitations.

Guess the scouts and coaches are going off how they scouted him less than 10 months ago.  And looking and everything going on around the QB instead of reading message boards apparently 

• Flames 5

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

navigating Bryce's phsyical limitations.

What physical limitation has caused problems with Bryce this season? 

MAYBE one interception was due to lack of arm strength.    It's mostly been developing bad decisions from constant pressure that his plagued his season.  He has taken plenty of hits and shown he isn't too frail (but how many more?)

He can throw across the middle of the field when given a little time.

He can scramble for a first when the opening is available.

A good coach can feel confident in solving that before it's turned into permanent David Carr behavior.   He hasn't had a good season but all isn't lost for his future and coaches will want to be here.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I would fire every single Panthers scout and Scott Fitterer at this point. Our drafts have been ASS.

They have

but you referring this off the Bryce move.

Rapaport said “consensus”

meaning on scouts across the league.

So maybe you should update your resume with a couple huddlers and sending it in to Tepper.

Edited by ncfan

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

They have

but you referring this off the Bryce move.

Rapaport said “consensus”

meaning on scouts across the league.

So maybe you should update your resume with a couple huddlers and sending it in.

Scouts and GM's are wrong about prospects just the same as casual fans like us don't get it twisted. There are constantly openings for a reason.

• Pie 1

this is one of the best jobs in the world, it’s an incredibly competitive market with few open positions, Young is still regarded very highly by football people, and tepper has oodles and oodles of money.

they won’t get the top candidate but they will be able to get a top candidate 

unless tepper absolutely makes a buffoon of himself in the process I mean 

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

What physical limitation has caused problems with Bryce this season? 

MAYBE one interception was due to lack of arm strength.    It's mostly been developing bad decisions from constant pressure that his plagued his season.  He has taken plenty of hits and shown he isn't too frail (but how many more?)

He can throw across the middle of the field when given a little time.

He can scramble for a first when the opening is available.

A good coach can feel confident in solving that before it's turned into permanent David Carr behavior.   He hasn't had a good season but all isn't lost for his future and coaches will want to be here.

I absolutely will commend him on his toughness.

There is concern about arm strength. I mean we've been talking about his issues with the deep ball going back to his pro day. Back in training camp at fan fest between him Dalton and Corral he was by a significant margin the worst in deep throw drills. We chalked it up to chemistry and new offense.

Beyond that his movements within the pocket and footwork are a big concern. He has become accustomed to habits that help give him time to see the field. Even then when those work to plan he has that odd hop with some of his throws.

I have to be completely honest there were throws yesterday that Levis made that I simply cannot see Bryce Young making. That's what he's going to have to prove at this level.

All we can do from here is wonder how much of the struggles of the OL are contributing.

But if we have to surround him with a stellar supporting cast from top to bottom we lost that trade big time. You make a move like we did for a QB who will elevate their surroundings. I've seen nothing that would qualify.

• Pie 1