• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Brinson rips David Tepper

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stephen Holder is one who sounds pretty sure that Reich wanted Stroud.

I wouldn't necessarily say he was the "lone voice" though. One of the other probable "voices" just got fired along with him.

I'm not seeing your point. Are you saying that had we drafted Stroud that Reich would have worked out? I don't buy that at all. As bad as Bryce Young has been, anyone with eyes can see how terrible Reich's scheme was. The regression of the OL alone was enough of a reason to fire him.

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'm not seeing your point. Are you saying that had we drafted Stroud that Reich would have worked out? I don't buy that at all. As bad as Bryce Young has been, anyone with eyes can see how terrible Reich's scheme was. The regression of the OL alone was enough of a reason to fire him.

thats going to be a "what if" that follows this franchise for 2 decades I bet

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

What does it matter who is GM so long as Tepper is here? He is a Jerry Jones wannabe except he wants to have a GM. 

Fitterer is a scapegoat at this point.

I also disagree vehemently about Wilks. There is nothing in his history suggesting that hiring him would've been a mistake. He took the same team that has been losing for four years and at least got them to .500. That was before he would've had a draft and been able to build an offense in his image. It was also after firing 12 people mid-season.

So give me a break. What Wilks accomplished in 2022 will, in time, be seen as a miracle because it might be the most success we see for another 5 years. 

Go ahead and pin this comment, save it, do something to reference in April of each year as Tepper continues making the same mistakes. This all falls on Tepper.

He wanted Reich, he wanted to trade up for Number 1, he wanted Young.

This is on him. Fitterer either said yes or get's fired. What would you do?

The Wilks situation was about tepper wanting a Offensive minded coach because he want the focus of the team to be offensive for high scoring games. He knew Wilks ball isn't that. 

6 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

The Wilks situation was about tepper wanting a Offensive minded coach because he want the focus of the team to be offensive for high scoring games. He knew Wilks ball isn't that. 

Well, at least one team is scoring high now.

Which is why Tepper is a moron, again. Games with scoring in the high 20's is a high scoring game in the NFL. The biggest problem with Tepper's logic is that in the NFL, as opposed to college, a win is a win is a win. It doesn't matter how you get it. "Just win, baby". "You play to win the game", "Playoffs. Playoffs?"

Tepper forgot about that. The team with the best defense generally wins the championship games. Does Tepper think the Patriots cared that they beat the Rams 13-3 instead of 43-33? Or that the Patriots were able to hold the Falcons scoreless after they got to 28?

Does he realize the investment the 49er's have made in their defensive personnel since they have an offensive head coach and defensive GM? The 49er's success is enabled by four guys on offense and probably 10 guys on defense.

DEFENSE.

RUNNING GAME. PLAY ACTION. UNDER CENTER. DEFENSE.

May sound boring. But I'd rather watch that and win than see another fuging tunnel screen to Adam Theilen.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well, at least one team is scoring high now.

Which is why Tepper is a moron, again. Games with scoring in the high 20's is a high scoring game in the NFL. The biggest problem with Tepper's logic is that in the NFL, as opposed to college, a win is a win is a win. It doesn't matter how you get it. "Just win, baby". "You play to win the game", "Playoffs. Playoffs?"

Tepper forgot about that. The team with the best defense generally wins the championship games. Does Tepper think the Patriots cared that they beat the Rams 13-3 instead of 43-33? Or that the Patriots were able to hold the Falcons scoreless after they got to 28?

Does he realize the investment the 49er's have made in their defensive personnel since they have an offensive head coach and defensive GM? The 49er's success is enabled by four guys on offense and probably 10 guys on defense.

DEFENSE.

RUNNING GAME. PLAY ACTION. UNDER CENTER. DEFENSE.

May sound boring. But I'd rather watch that and win than see another fuging tunnel screen to Adam Theilen.

You might win some games with that, but you're not winning any championships in this day and age unless you have some kind of elite all-time defense.

55 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I don't know that Reich would have worked out, but it's not fair to force a guy into a decision he didn't want to make and then blame him for the results.

• Pie 1

After what I have seen starting when the games counted, I didn’t care who left, they are responsible for what I just watched. Week one was a total outlier week one game because it not only forecast the season, it forecast the next few years. Worst debut of a draft pick and offense I have ever seen in the NFL. In over 60 years of watching it. The worst hands down. 

If Reich didn’t want the quarterback he shouldn’t be the coach. Because the rest of them did. 

If he did want the Quarterback he shouldn’t be the coach. Because that makes him as much a loser as the others. 

Now the real fun starts. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that Reich would have worked out, but it's not fair to force a guy into a decision he didn't want to make and then blame him for the results.

Fair enough, but I'm not sold on the idea that Reich was 100% on Stroud. He may have preferred him, but I don't think he was anti-Bryce by any means either.