• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Bleak Picture Concerning Bryce

Proudiddy

43 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I know the dysfunction is evident across the board, and Bryce is not responsible for that, nor is he responsible for the position he has been put in.  But it just hit me - when is the last time a rookie starting QB got his first year HC fired in year one?  I don't recall any if it's happened.

Trevor Lawrence.

And on the quarterbacking prowess of Reich and McCown we have to remember that both of them had long careers as journeymen back-ups. This wasn't Marino and Favre. Both guys spent a lot of time on the bench and if they were your starting QBs, your team had some major problems. They were good men to hold a clip board and see you through a short, short spell, but neither one lit the fields on fire out there. And Reich's tenure as QB here was even shorter than his tenure as a coach. Just saying their resumes look great on paper but neither one had a whole lot of win in them. Modest skill sets, good at learning systems, non-threatening back ups. In their heydays, Jake Delhomme would have taken their jobs away from them. 

Not suggesting Jake as coach, though. Although the pressers sure would be interesting.

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

One of the biggest problems and he had this at Alabama but it wasn't an issue because of the talent gap. He can't read defenses and slide his protection. Combine that with a sub par pass pro line and his height and that equals a disaster that you're currently seeing. 

Okay can you please post the analysis that said he couldn’t read defenses or slide protection.. Because I saw all the size issues but never heard or saw anything about him not being able to read defenses..

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

One of the biggest problems and he had this at Alabama but it wasn't an issue because of the talent gap. He can't read defenses and slide his protection. Combine that with a sub par pass pro line and his height and that equals a disaster that you're currently seeing. 

Yeah, I was told he was a super processor but I've honestly been very underwhelmed with his pre-snap recognition, even for a rookie. Seems like every time he checks out of a play it's gonna go for a loss or no gain.

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

don't need to be under center when you got foot moves like this 

It's really baffling to me how much people are willing to just completely ignore how atrocious his footwork is and how often he stands square to the field unprepared to throw. You can do this poo at Alabama where you have a significant team talent advantage. You can't get away with it in the NFL.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

don't need to be under center when you got foot moves like this 

Got happy feet expecting the rush to cave on him quick. Got stuck on one particular read in his progression and totally missed Thielin flash open. Saw Thielin late and threw to him but by the then the defender recovered and almost picked it off. 

Bad play and rep by Bryce. No defending it.