• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I legit feel bad for Bryce

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, bigginpc said:

I don't know, we've never met. Do you two hang out together.

He did try to trick people with water weight deal at the combine. In my book that's lying

As would you if there were millions of dollars in the line. Your job as a draft prospect is to maximize your draft status. It's the job of NFL talent evaluators to properly judge the talent available. You're upset at the wrong people. Anyone who looked at Bryce Young on the field at Bama and then believed that he's legitimately over 200 pounds on the field on game day just believed what they wanted to believe. They were already believers.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As would you if there were millions of dollars in the line. Your job as a draft prospect is to maximize your draft status. It's the job of NFL talent evaluators to properly judge the talent available. You're upset at the wrong people. Anyone who looked at Bryce Young on the field at Bama and then believed that he's legitimately over 200 pounds on the field on game day just believed what they wanted to believe. They were already believers.

You are right that the Panthers brass were pretty dumb.

But a lie is lie.  I will not excuse it just because.

To each there own

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, bigginpc said:

To each there own

I guess we should disclose our game plans and draft boards to the other teams, right? I mean, potentially misleading them about our intentions would be lying, right?

Bryce Young didn't lie. He stepped on a scale and it registered a weight. It's up to the evaluators to interpret that. It's not really any different than guys going to combine prep camps to maximize their 40 times, etc. If a guy runs way faster than the tape would lead you to expect it's up to the evaluators to interpret that. Did the guy lie? No. He just prepped to try to maximize his draft stock.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

For the record, CMC absolutely gamed his combine weight too. But no one cares because he ended up being a great player. He wanted to step on that scale over 200, same as Bryce. Now he didn't game it as bad as Bryce did, but I bet his playing weight at Stanford was in the 190 range. I bet Bryce was playing at Bama 180 soaking wet.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, bigginpc said:

To each there own

Weight isn't a lie. They actually weighed him. He didn't give them an incorrect number..

• Beer 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:06 PM, Seltzer said:

There's not even legitimate discourse here anymore.  Jeremy has abandoned the place (I don't blame him).

Moderators are useless or are actively part of the cesspool.

Basically, a reflection of the franchise.

This was such a good place for a long time, too.  RIP Carolina Huddle

The moment it was made clear that the current state of the message board is okay because it's no longer a community but a place for content to be consumed, the more the current active moderation made sense.

The subreddit discord has been a welcome change.

• Pie 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:06 PM, Seltzer said:

There's not even legitimate discourse here anymore.  Jeremy has abandoned the place (I don't blame him).

Moderators are useless or are actively part of the cesspool.

Basically, a reflection of the franchise.

This was such a good place for a long time, too.  RIP Carolina Huddle

I assumed BigKat bought it. His daily vague yet provocative topics seem to come from Zod playbook to generate traffic.

8 minutes ago, csx said:

I assumed BigKat bought it. His daily vague yet provocative topics seem to come from Zod playbook to generate traffic.

If BigKat bought this place, we'd know. That dude loves telling everyone here about his financials, to the point where it feels like bragging. 

I think he just likes to create new threads for every new thought that pops into his head.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

If BigKat bought this place, we'd know. That dude loves telling everyone here about his financials, to the point where it feels like bragging. 

I think he just likes to create new threads for every new thought that pops into his head.

I'm not sure it's a financial windfall to brag about but maybe a pet project of a fan

4 hours ago, csx said:

My friend pointed out every jump pass just to clear the line 

I'm not trying to pile on him but it's rather noticable 

Yeah at this point as inept stubborn and outdated as Reich and his offense was a new coaching hire is only going to be able to do so much. We are going to have to sink big $$ into this interior OL to not only make Bryce's life easier in general but to help him see the field.

It's sobering knowing we traded what we did to draft the most apparently physically limited QB of the class but what's done is done. Hopefully this whole thing has some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. Time will tell.

Edited by frankw

21 hours ago, Icege said:

The moment it was made clear that the current state of the message board is okay because it's no longer a community but a place for content to be consumed, the more the current active moderation made sense.

The subreddit discord has been a welcome change.

It is nice to see I'm not the only "old-timer" that sees this.

I guess it's par for the course, but literally everything about the Panthers now for the most part just evokes sadness for those of us who can remember it being better, including this place.

I will check out the discord- thank you for the suggestion!

• Beer 1