• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on the firings

Jackie Lee

48 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Good point by Cam Wolfe that Bryce just too California laid back in the huddle/getting the calls in for them to run effective pre snap motions. That combined with his lazy dropbacks/crazy footwork/hopping in the air to throw is gonna be tough to fix. Almost like you just want a completely different QB

I literally made the point predraft multiple times that Bryce seemed too “California” to me and got poo’d like hell. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Please don't turn my thread into a 2 person pissing contest lol we have enough of those already

Don't worry 😄

It's an interesting topic, honestly. A lot of stuff has come out since the firing (as tends to happen) that's beginning to help explain things we'd seen prior to this point.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, t96 said:

I literally made the point predraft multiple times that Bryce seemed too “California” to me and got poo’d like hell. 

Yeah that with Reich seeming completely unmotivated and I'm assuming Tepper being adamant about playing Bryce even though he doesn't seem ready has been a bad scenario. Judging by the Tabor press so far he's not trying to do anything drastic either lol. I don't blame him really, he's just like I'm gonna ride it out and coach special teams again next year somewhere, not my problem. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah that with Reich seeming completely unmotivated and I'm assuming Tepper being adamant about playing Bryce even though he doesn't seem ready has been a bad scenario. Judging by the Tabor press so far he's not trying to do anything drastic either lol. I don't blame him really, he's just like I'm gonna ride it out and coach special teams again next year somewhere, not my problem. 

Can you imagine, Young telling a Sean Payton or Bill B,  ‘nah man, I ain’t doing a wristband’

Sweet Jesus 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was Thomas Brown who said it, dude. He doesn't work for Panthers PR.

Bruh, Tepper slings PR and sells narratives to the masses of how they want things viewed. Fitterer does.  Frank does.  Brown does.  Tabor will.  Coaches  are the ones that do it the most because that’s who you listen to

this is why you are pointless to talk with. I say these folks are slinging PR nonsense and painting images of how they want things to be perceived (and it’s rarely the actual truth) and you respond with they don’t work in the actual PR deparment lol.  Wut?!! 

go ahead and twist this into something else too lol.  I broke my rule but couldn’t let that one slide lol 

• Flames 3

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Since smitty got on the payroll, Ive basically stopped listening. 

Dam shame cause I enjoyed most of his takes. I even remember he was on an island about some white WR named kupp being the best WR in the draft....

I don’t know where this is coming from, but Steve Smith seems like the last guy who would you could put under a thumb. 

• Beer 2

Just now, CRA said:

Bruh, Tepper slings PR and sells narratives to the masses. Of how they want things viewed. Fitterer does.  Frank does.  Brown does.  Tabor will.   

this is why you are pointless to talk with. I say these folks are slinging PR nonsense and painting images of how they want things to be perceived….and you respond with they don’t work in the actual PR deparment lol.  Wut?!! 

Did it suddenly get entertaining again? 🤔

OP asked to let this go.

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Or either of them letting Bryce run O-line meetings during training camp? lol. 

I wonder how much truth is in all that stuff though.  I mean there was a massive blitz by this team to paint a narrative not just on Bryce but the team coming into this year.  It was borderline comedy what they were presenting when you put it all together 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wonder how much truth is in all that stuff though.  I mean there was a massive blitz by this team to paint a narrative not just on Bryce but the team coming into this year.  It was borderline comedy what they were presenting when you put it all together 

Yeah they also said his Keisha Cole cover was amazing lol. Horrid