• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank given the option to change?

CRA

I mean, Tepper certainly alluded to each  firing having its own unique reasoning to it.  All this certainly sounds plausible.  Dinosaur Frank simply unwilling to bend what he does on O for a rookie QB.  And that matches the eyeball test as well as echos critiques folks like 89 were hammering yesterday. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, travisura said:

So they fired him for not running something that he's never historically run. This is on Tepper and the FO for not knowing who they hired and the system he runs, and saddling him with a QB that doesn't fit that system. This organization is something else, I tell ya.

False

Screenshot_20231129_083715_Chrome.jpg

Edited by BY9Franchise

1 minute ago, travisura said:

So what's changed between now and then that is making him unwilling to incorporate RPO now?

No idea probably lack of talent.... Him and Doug Peterson made the RPO a thing in 2017 when the Eagles won the SB your not the first one to say that either it seems to be a common misconception here that's what he was hired to do.

7 minutes ago, travisura said:

So they fired him for not running something that he's never historically run. This is on Tepper and the FO for not knowing who they hired and the system he runs, and saddling him with a QB that doesn't fit that system. This organization is something else, I tell ya.

100% true. They should have seen how bad his teams in Indy got and how he refused to change.

It’s also on Frank for not pushing for Stroud (if any of that is really true). If he did want a different QB, it certainly sounds like he didn’t fight for it.

Just now, Tbe said:

100% true. They should have seen how bad his teams in Indy got and how he refused to change.

It’s also on Frank for not pushing for Stroud (if any of that is really true). If he did want a different QB, it certainly sounds like he didn’t fight for it.

100% false he made the RPO a thing he HAS EXPERIENCE with it heck he was the "primary innovator at the NFL level" 

Screenshot_20231129_083715_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Said this in another thread but I have a hard time believing Frank was bullied into betting his career on a QB he didn't want and then grew a spine when asked to run some RPOs. 

Grew a spine when asked to run RPOs the same thing he road to a SB win as the coordinator of Eagles.... when the bs he was running obviously wasn't working...

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Said this in another thread but I have a hard time believing Frank was bullied into betting his career on a QB he didn't want and then grew a spine when asked to run some RPOs. 

Yeah they are running wild with these guesses. Tepper and Reich have plenty of issues without the media trying to create more. My guess is he did incorporate some RPO, I mean I saw a few ran on Sunday, but didn’t dial it up nearly enough before it didn’t flow with what he was calling on the field. 

17 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

No idea probably lack of talent.... Him and Doug Peterson made the RPO a thing in 2017 when the Eagles won the SB your not the first one to say that either it seems to be a common misconception here that's what he was hired to do.

Chip Kelly brought it to the league, and we were running RPO with Cam before 2017, but your point stands. It just doesn't add up that if he's known for an RPO offense, he would refuse to utilize one.