• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yes, not sure what the problem is with that.  Just like Ohio State will get punished for losing to its biggest rival in one of the toughest games of the year.  

This happened last year (?) with Mich and OSU. Since they're in the same "division" they can't both be in the title game. OSU lost just once but couldn't rematch with Michigan. Instead Iowa stumbled in. So OSU gets penalized for being in a grouping some dude just made up one night while sitting on the toilet.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I don't think Michigan is THE BEST team in the country.

I think it's probably either Georgia or Alabama at the moment.

With a decent game from their backup QB who will be back I think FSU can beat Michigan.  FSU still has great talent on both sides of the ball

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

With a decent game from their backup QB who will be back I think FSU can beat Michigan.  FSU still has great talent on both sides of the ball

Honestly if FSU was whole right now with their starting QB and the way their defense is playing I would have them giving Bama and Georgia a tough game.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Honestly if FSU was whole right now with their starting QB and the way their defense is playing I would have them giving Bama and Georgia a tough game.

With Travis they're absolutely a legit top 5 team. No doubt about it. Without him though? I think any of the  other potentiak playoff teams handle them easily.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

With Travis they're absolutely a legit top 5 team. No doubt about it. Without him though? I think any of the  other potentiak playoff teams handle them easily.

I agree with you.  I just think with Boo and Jim Grobe on the CFP committee that an undefeated FSU team will not be left out.

Bama, Texas, and Georgia fans going to be sitting on the edge of their seats.  It may come down to quality wins and strength of schedule because Bama will say they beat Georgia and Texas will say they beat Bama and Georgia will look at both Bama and Texas and say y'all lost during the regular season....

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You might be right.  On the other hand, the backup qb who played against Florida and was starting to play well towards the end of the game might be the next Joe Montana, who is just starting to figure things out.  We don't know until they actually play.  

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.  With so many of the top historical programs crammed into two conferences, the fans of a school like Oklahoma might start to chafe a little bit when they go 9-2 several years in a row and miss the playoffs even with the expansion.  All the extra money won't mean much.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 2