• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard Appreciation Thread

Just now, Future of the Funchise said:

Loved Nick Goings. He will always have a special place in my heart... Dude was all heart.

I still wonder what that 2004 team could have done in the playoffs. We had some real fight on the roster that year to overcome so much adversity.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I still wonder what that 2004 team could have done in the playoffs. We had some real fight on the roster that year to overcome so much adversity.

They were in the 'playoffs' for about 8 weeks before the season ended, so I think we saw it. They just ran out of gas vs the Saints in week 17. Loved watching that team though and how they all came together midseason, with Moose looking absolutely dominant during that back stretch and Goings just getting it done.

• Beer 1

Just now, KSpan said:

They were in the 'playoffs' for about 8 weeks before the season ended, so I think we saw it. They just ran out of gas vs the Saints in week 17. Loved watching that team though and how they all came together midseason, with Moose looking absolutely dominant during that back stretch and Goings just getting it done.

To be fair, we had no answer for Michael Vick before Thomas Davis so I find it hard to count that, but yeah. I think they could have made a run in the NFC at least.

People really tend to forget just how good Moose was that year, too. He led the entire league in yards and touchdowns outright and was 6th in receptions. Got shockingly close to a triple crown a year before Steve Smith got his.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

To be fair, we had no answer for Michael Vick before Thomas Davis so I find it hard to count that, but yeah. I think they could have made a run in the NFC at least.

People really tend to forget just how good Moose was that year, too. He led the entire league in yards and touchdowns outright and was 6th in receptions. Got shockingly close to a triple crown a year before Steve Smith got his.

I feel bless to have lived through that era of football as well as the Newton Kuechly era... I remember sitting at the bar the after winning the NFC Championship game and thinking, I need to cherish these days because they aren't going to last forever... And now here we are in a constant state of suffering.

1 minute ago, Future of the Funchise said:

I feel bless to have lived through that era of football as well as the Newton Kuechly era... I remember sitting at the bar the after winning the NFC Championship game and thinking, I need to cherish these days because they aren't going to last forever... And now here we are in a constant state of suffering.

You never know how good you had it until it's gone. We went from only a handful of sub-7 win seasons in our history to wishing for even a few.

• Beer 1