• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Would be fun to take a trip down memory lane in some pre draft thread and take receipts of all the “Bryce up son” etc type posts.   

Maybe my memory is dominated by how annoying camwhaocam was. 

• Beer 2

You can fairly say that bad o line and receivers are a part of the problem. But when you trade so much for a pick you expect to get someone that can carry a bad team, or at least make some dazzling plays. Has Young ever hit a receiver in stride? It seems like most of his receptions have receivers diving for the ball or fighting with a defender for a badly underthrown pass. He 's just not a guy who can overcome limitations.

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I don't think anyone hates Young the person, it's that his limitations finally caught up with him at the top level of the sport.  It's okay, the NFL washes out a lot of dudes and just because they can't make it in this League doesn't mean the fans hate them for it.

I would tend to agree but we’ve gotten to the point of people now saying he’s bad at press conferences and fidgets too much. Seems to me like he’s taking accountability although he may not have the answers right now. I think the hate has just gone over the top and people are looking for anything to pile on instead of seeing any positives. I guess that’s what 6 years of failure will do to a fan base. 

IMG_7449.png

Edited by Adb6368

Has anyone given a thought the offense is so predictable and limited because Bryce is so limited. I honestly think after Frank got a real look at what he had in Young he designed the only offense that would go along with his skill set. He knew that offense would fail and get him fired but he had no other choice. Youngs physical tools are so severely limited at the NFL level it's been shocking to see. So fans  are disappointed and shocked to see his physical limitations.  Those limitations will not improve. They are what they are.

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

I would tend to agree but we’ve gotten to the point of people now saying he’s bad at press conferences and fidgets too much. Seems to me like he’s taking accountability although he may not have the answers right now. I think the hate has just gone over the top and people are looking for anything to pile on instead of seeing any positives. I guess that’s what 6 years of failure will do to a fan base. 

IMG_7449.png

Player quotes mean nothing, coachspeak means nothing. Those guys support each other and rightfully so, but they know what's up.

1 hour ago, Brent Gregory said:

Has anyone given a thought the offense is so predictable and limited because Bryce is so limited. I honestly think after Frank got a real look at what he had in Young he designed the only offense that would go along with his skill set. He knew that offense would fail and get him fired but he had no other choice. Youngs physical tools are so severely limited at the NFL level it's been shocking to see. So fans  are disappointed and shocked to see his physical limitations.  Those limitations will not improve. They are what they are.

IMO that's definitely a part of it. Better surrounding cast will help but then he's just the current version of Teddy... not what you want from a #1 overall.

• Pie 1

I can understand the sentiment to a degree. There are some people that are making it very personal. He did not draft himself. At the same time can we stop calling anyone that expresses doubt a hater? We gave up a great deal to draft Bryce Young at #1 overall. He will be more often than not the most popular topic of discussion good or bad until he is either looking like a franchise QB and silences the concerns or he is no longer here.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

16 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Wow a lot of big brains in this thread with some very definitive statements. Just think so far in your lifetime every single choice you have made has lead you to poo posting on a 1-11 football team's message board. Ya'll aren't as bright as you think you are and that is a fact. The all knowing voices of the Carolina Huddle. Lol. At this point I hope Bryce is the starter for the next 10 years maybe it will get some of you clowns to finally abandon ship

Lol this. I wish these middle school all stars would just move on if they can't handle losing. No support for our very talented ROOKIE QB. The kid can fuging ball. Now all of a sudden its his footwork / has no arm strength / unathletic / weak / no pocket awareness.

Scenario: Bryce has to throw it away because no one is open, Thielen is double covered, and there's an all out blitz. "What the fug!! Why didn't you throw it to Thielen, he was wide open??!!! This is embarrassing, I know why he didn't throw it. His footwork is terrible and He can't make ONE single throw in the NFL because he has the weakest arm I've EVER SEEN in my life. I don't care what Reich said about him being able to make every throw, I KNOW he can't. If you can't throw an 80 yard fuging dart off of your back foot, you don't deserve to play in the NFL. Additionally, he's so slow it's like watching a kid crawl. I mean how could we have drafted a quarterback that only ran a 4.51 second forty yard dash at the combine? My grandmother moves faster than that. If that was CJ, there's no way he would have thrown the ball away. He would have thrown a fuging bullet right in between 2 defenders, throwing Thielen open taking off for an 80 yard touchdown! On top of that, all of the brightest scouts and analysts in the world were split on taking CJ vs Bryce. But I KNEW ALL ALONG that Bryce was a bust. I said it when he was at Alabama. I mean if you go back and watch Alabama tape you can tell how god awful he actually was. The only reason he threw for 4,500 yards in 2021 is because Alabama played NO ONE. The SEC is the worst conference in college football. If he really wanted to prove his talent he should have went and played DII where the competition is more stiff. Don't even get me started on the physical attributes. The boy can't see over the line and is just getting balls batted down left and right. His weight just WILL NOT DO in the NFL, if he get's sacked one more time his career is over. One last thing. He just does not and will not work hard at being a success in this league. He's already given up, he's just cashing checks and banging honey's. There's no desire, no grit, no will to fuging win to make my life any better. I knew we should have taken Stroud, Richardson, Levis.... fug we'd been better off trading for Zach Wilson. But NO ONE will listen to me because they're threatened by my intellectual ability to analyze players... it's just too much for some people. I don't care if Bryce turns it around and throws for 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns next year, he will always be a bust!!!"

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, La Flama Blanca said:

Lol this. I wish these middle school all stars would just move on if they can't handle losing. No support for our very talented ROOKIE QB. The kid can fuging ball. Now all of a sudden its his footwork / has no arm strength / unathletic / weak / no pocket awareness.

Scenario: Bryce has to throw it away because no one is open, Thielen is double covered, and there's an all out blitz. "What the fug!! Why didn't you throw it to Thielen, he was wide open??!!! This is embarrassing, I know why he didn't throw it. His footwork is terrible and He can't make ONE single throw in the NFL because he has the weakest arm I've EVER SEEN in my life. I don't care what Reich said about him being able to make every throw, I KNOW he can't. If you can't throw an 80 yard fuging dart off of your back foot, you don't deserve to play in the NFL. Additionally, he's so slow it's like watching a kid crawl. I mean how could we have drafted a quarterback that only ran a 4.51 second forty yard dash at the combine? My grandmother moves faster than that. If that was CJ, there's no way he would have thrown the ball away. He would have thrown a fuging bullet right in between 2 defenders, throwing Thielen open taking off for an 80 yard touchdown! On top of that, all of the brightest scouts and analysts in the world were split on taking CJ vs Bryce. But I KNEW ALL ALONG that Bryce was a bust. I said it when he was at Alabama. I mean if you go back and watch Alabama tape you can tell how god awful he actually was. The only reason he threw for 4,500 yards in 2021 is because Alabama played NO ONE. The SEC is the worst conference in college football. If he really wanted to prove his talent he should have went and played DII where the competition is more stiff. Don't even get me started on the physical attributes. The boy can't see over the line and is just getting balls batted down left and right. His weight just WILL NOT DO in the NFL, if he get's sacked one more time his career is over. One last thing. He just does not and will not work hard at being a success in this league. He's already given up, he's just cashing checks and banging honey's. There's no desire, no grit, no will to fuging win to make my life any better. I knew we should have taken Stroud, Richardson, Levis.... fug we'd been better off trading for Zach Wilson. But NO ONE will listen to me because they're threatened by my intellectual ability to analyze players... it's just too much for some people. I don't care if Bryce turns it around and throws for 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns next year, he will always be a bust!!!"

Paragraphs bro Paragraphs 

4 hours ago, Greatman77 said:

You can fairly say that bad o line and receivers are a part of the problem. But when you trade so much for a pick you expect to get someone that can carry a bad team, or at least make some dazzling plays. Has Young ever hit a receiver in stride? It seems like most of his receptions have receivers diving for the ball or fighting with a defender for a badly underthrown pass. He 's just not a guy who can overcome limitations.

???? You're obviously not watching the games. The only thing the guy is praised for right now is his accuracy when he has a little time to throw. 🤦‍♂️

24 minutes ago, La Flama Blanca said:

???? You're obviously not watching the games. The only thing the guy is praised for right now is his accuracy when he has a little time to throw. 🤦‍♂️

What accuracy? We saw him underthrow/miss multiple wide-open receivers yesterday. I'm sorry, but Bryce does looks neither accurate nor "very talented" at this level at this time. That's the point - there isn't anything there above and beyond what every other QB has shown in Carolina these past years, and given the cost that's just not good enough to warrant much patience. Most don't even care about winning, just show something worthy of being the #1 overall pick and that is encouraging for the future.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, KSpan said:

What accuracy? We saw him underthrow/miss multiple wide-open receivers yesterday. I'm sorry, but Bryce does looks neither accurate nor "very talented" at this level at this time. That's the point - there isn't anything there above and beyond what every other QB has shown in Carolina these past years, and given the cost that's just not good enough to warrant much patience. Most don't even care about winning, just show something worthy of being the #1 overall pick and that is encouraging for the future.

its always an alias, always