• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

17 hours ago, AggieLean said:

This is the problem, and why I boldly made the claim last week that there are a number of huddlers that could do a better job than Fitt. I’m not one of them, but there are a few of y’all that could absolutely do better than what he’s done in his time here. Hell, if you go back to the draft threads, it’s easily seen. He has been awful, and clearly has shown he has been the worst GM we’ve had here in Carolina.

Of course i thought Stroud was the clear pick, second round i liked mingo but Torrence the guard from FL was still on the board and i would have took him at our pick instead as i thought he would be gone in first round. I also thought Dawan Jones was clearly one of the best tackles in the draft when the experts had him as a late rounder. I know i dont know as much as those guys but its irritating when you are so sure about a player and they arent and that player hits the ground running.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rookie looked as checked out as Bryce. 

like this is the first time in his pampered career he hasnt been on a super team and man it shows. 

dude is planning his next career of college game day and dancing with the stars. 

I have been saying for a while i got college gameday analysis once i really started evaluating bryce. Great college Qb not built for the NFL.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 3

I feel bad for him, you know his freinds and family see the sports shows making fun of him, he got put under a spotlight and is burning out, a non skilled player expected to carry a bad team, his fate was sealed the moment we drafted him 

I would bench him for his sake , and ours , let Dalton win a few games, and maybe even the 2024 Starting Job, and let this mistake(and Bryce himself)fade into the background 

• Pie 2

It is.

Unless a rookie is cut or makes all-pro, I do my best not to judge ANNY rookies, just unfair.

But young has made it hard. In ONE half will "avoid on draft day" levis showed more than youg has the whole year.......in terms of potential. EVEN the UDFA Tyson Bagnet showed more too...

I can think of about 10 plays where I went "NOW thats a NFL QB!!!!!!!". The sad part is HALF of them were runs. This is also factoring in the piss poor WR and OL play. But I thought the main reason for drafting young was so you didnt need to invest resources at WR or OL cause young can walk on water.......

The NFL is exposing Bryce Young’s weaknesses. Do yall realize The Bucs didn’t even play with linebackers yesterday. They played with only safeties and cornerbacks in the secondary daring him to throw. Right now he is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. Will he get better I don’t know. And this is not hate I feel sorry him.

• Flames 4

16 minutes ago, Score Board said:

The NFL is exposing Bryce Young’s weaknesses. Do yall realize The Bucs didn’t even play with linebackers yesterday. They played with only safeties and cornerbacks in the secondary daring him to throw. Right now he is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. Will he get better I don’t know. And this is not hate I feel sorry him.

That is just crazy.

24 minutes ago, Score Board said:

So they took their LBers out of the game to add more DBs. Wouldn't that single they are not afraid of the running game since that is where LBers have most of their impact? Putting more DBs in the game would signal they are afraid of the pass and are daring us to run the ball.

Now if they crowded the LoS with nothing but Dlineman and LBers to stop the run and left the CBs in press man across the board with no saftey help or a single high, then that would signal that they do not respect our passing game and are selling out to stop the run. The situation you described is the complete opposite of that.

• Flames 1

Carolina's oline and WRs are not NFL average right now. No QB will have success with below average pass protection and slow WRs that can't get open consistently or run after the catch. He doesn't trust them, and rightfully so. The only person on offense he really trusts is Theilen. And he's honestly not that good - so far as big play making ability. 

We don't know what we have in Bryce Young right now. And he isn't playing as bad as ya'll making it out to be. WRs are not making plays. No QB will consistently break 200 yds passing without YAC. Come on Huddle! 

You can't blame a guy for missing an open WR every now and then, particularly when they're completely blanketed 9 out of 10 times. And then crap on him for missing that 1 time someone actually created a yard or 2 of separation, and his oline isn't allowing a rusher right up the middle within 2 seconds of snapping the ball. 

Can someone please pull every one of CJ Stroud's drop backs from yesterday? He misses easy throws. He makes bad decisions. He gets tackled easily and even fumbles. He overthrows deep balls of wide open receivers! His receivers get consistent separation. And his oline gives him average to above average pass pro. But he's a rookie, and he'll get better in those areas. So will Bryce Young. You can't cook without the ingredients. He's not Cam or Lamar, where he can take over a game with his legs. Richardson is the only rookie QB that could have done anything with this offense. 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

We don't know what we have in Bryce Young right now. And he isn't playing as bad as ya'll making it out to be. WRs are not making plays. No QB will consistently break 200 yds passing without YAC. Come on Huddle! 

You can't blame a guy for missing an open WR every now and then, particularly when they're completely blanketed 9 out of 10 times. And then crap on him for missing that 1 time someone actually created a yard or 2 of separation, and his oline isn't allowing a rusher right up the middle within 2 seconds of snapping the ball. 

While true most of the year, this was not the case yesterday. His accuracy and anticipation are supposed to lead to YAC. Too many throwaways when he can run for 5+ yards. Bad checks into stacked box runs. Pre-snap he is god awful, UDFA awful, and is the most disappointing of all his shortcomings this year. 

• Pie 1

On 12/3/2023 at 9:01 PM, philw5289 said:

Bryce is bad. I respect that we took a swing at a QB and it was an exhilarating month or two leading up to the draft pick but it was a swing and a miss. It’s okay to acknowledge that 

Word, the kid sucks.