• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reviewing Bryce draft projections, and a word on “flashing”

electro's horse

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure how hard we've tried. How hard can you really coach the owner's chosen one? I bet he got coached harder by Saban at Alabama than he has been here simply because Saban ain't afraid of stepping on toes.

I totally agree with you on this. Bryce fooled a lot of people since he played at BAMA, but even the anti-Bryce crowd will admit he didn't look this bad in college. He made a lot of big time throws in college. I'm sure playing on a stocked roster helped, but he still had to deliver the ball to the receivers. Saban wouldn't have started him otherwise.

If BY's game tape at Alabama looked as bad as it has thru 12 games this season I don't think he would have even been drafted.

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Stroud said "I'm not a test taker, I play football"  wise words

The kid is everything a team could have hoped for at first overall. We're never going to wash away passing on that unless we somehow back our way into another Jake or Cam. But that's not happening with David Tepper thinking he and his wife know how to run a football team.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

The kid is everything a team could have hoped for at first overall. We're never going to wash away passing on that unless we somehow back our way into another Jake or Cam. But that's not happening with David Tepper thinking he and his wife know how to run a football team.

Would've been like taking Gabbert over Cam.

• Beer 1

I’m no football expert but idk how anyone watched what Young did at Alabama and actually thought that his backyard style of QB would ever translate to the NFL. The majority of stuff he did in college is what NFL coaches teach guys never to do. Hell, it’s one of the main reasons the Chiefs sat Mahomes for a year. They knew his intangibles were off the charts but the kid needed a hard reset on how to play QB.

Bryce had so many blatant red flags I will never understand how he was ever in the conversation for number 1 overall. Only thing I can think of is “BAMA” and “HEISMAN”.

We’re now seeing the same bullshit propaganda machine go to work for Jalen Milroe.