• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were GM, how would you use our that first pick in round 2?

SCO96

Sorry to disappoint anyone but ,IMO, there is no chance any draftee, FA,  or HC hire that will move the Panthers from dead last into at best 20th in the league. Thanks Fitterer & Tepper for your trades, non trades, draft picks, FA signings, over paying of some players, & the list goes on. Face the facts, 2024 will be a washed out year, IMO. First thing I think they should do is put Burns on a non-ex FA tag, if somebody wants him for even firsts in 25 & 26. If he holds out, save the salary cap for 25 & 26. The 2nd round should be BPA except QB, drafting a QB is too much like putting premium in a clunker with bald tires. IF somebody wants to trade up for our pick, make sure to get at least a 2nd in 24 & a 2nd or better in 25. Right now draft BPA in every round. The team needs a new/different player across the roster.

I would package it with Bryce Young to have someone take our little problem off our hands. I would then replace him with virtually any other rostered NFL QB and notice an immediate improvement. 

Nah fug it, take BPA and ride Bryce and his 4.5 YPA to the #1 overall pick in 2025. 

Edited by PootieNunu

The good news is for years people have been talking about how good the QB class is in this draft. I do not see us taking a QB. Which means a really good player will likely be available when we pick. There’s a chance we break the record for QB taken in the first round this year. 

I do think we need a heavy offense draft, if not entirely offense. If we don’t get better surrounding pieces on that side of the ball, Bryce will have no opportunity to develop into anything more than what he’s showing us right now. 

if bryce really is incapable as some of yall say, we are going to be terrible next year anyway, and this would open us up to taking a good QB in 2025 with a much upgraded personnel group on that side of the ball.  

Edited by ImfromClayton
  • Pie 1

What'll make this franchise look worse than it already does? Cutting bait on the QB after one year and all that you traded to get him, knowing that he was but one piece of a disaster rather than the totality of it. You could argue that Mike Shanahan was never viewed the same after basically doing that with Griffin and Cousins (though it was the same draft).

A franchise that draft all defensive players in the recent past can afford to draft all offensive ones this time. That's the only choice here.

my dream pick would be Worthy from Texas. Also if we think the best guard in the class falls to that pick i'd be OK with that to protect Bryce for the long term. Also a true NT would be nice but i dont think Sweat from Texas will be there in the 3rd and too many other needs to take him at 33.  If any team with 2 2nd round picks wanted to trade up for it i'd listen. We need as many day two picks as possible to try to get some talent on this roster. Lord knows as bad as our day 2 picks are our day 3 picks are even worse.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I’m already disappointed 

*Note I didn't say I'm not disappointed*

Bottom line is we are stuck with him at least through next season, the b*tching is useless might as well hope they fix the line and get a weapon or two.... hopefully he defies our expectations and becomes a competent QB if not we pick #1 again in 2025 lol.

• Pie 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:40 PM, SCO96 said:

would you trade down for additional choices (big mistake if you ask me)?

Actually we will use our remaining draft capital to move up in the draft to get a wr who can't get separation, an oline that can't pass block, or a te that can't catch.  And any of those three desperation moves will be done to plug a hole that idiot Fitterer made.