• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Night Recap: Good night for the rookies…Tommy DeVito and Will Levis each get their third wins of the season

WarPanthers89

Yeah I know, the page is overrun with the same old post, doom and gloom, no hope in sight, we are the worst of the worst. Sadly, I’m here to add another one. Bryce is performing as one of the worst QB’s selected in the entire draft. Can he turn it around? I hope so, but it does not look good at all so far. Undrafted Tommy DeVito looks like a capable starter who just got his third win last night,  posting a QBR over 100 in each game started. 

Article:

The Giants thought they had put Monday night’s game against the Packers on ice with a long run by Saquon Barkley, but the running back stumbled and fumbled the ball away with less than four minutes left on the clock. 

Green Bay moved ahead with a touchdown and the Giants thwarted a two-point attempt, which meant they got the ball back with 93 seconds left and in need of a field goal to win the game. It was a new situation for rookie quarterback Tommy DeVito and he proved to be up to the task. 

DeVito hit three passes for 21 yards to move the ball near midfield and then hooked up with wide receiver Wan’Dale Robinson for 32 yards to move the team into position for Randy Bullock’s game-winning field goal. The 24-22 win was the third in a row for a Giants team that’s going to continue rolling with the hometown boy at quarterback. 

“It’s his job,” head coach Brian Daboll said in his postgame press conference. “Third game of over a hundred quarterback rating. He made good decisions, took care of the ball, used him in the run game. Just keep developing him. He’s improving. Still got stuff to work on, but like I said two or three times last week, I think he’s a young player that’s doing the right things and making the most of his opportunity. He earned the right to play today, and he earned the right to play the next week. The kid’s done a good job.”

DeVito and the Giants looked lost when he was first thrust into the quarterback job, but he’s steadily improved and has shown he can handle the job over the course of their winning streak. That has earned him a future in the NFL and it’s given the Giants some reason to smile after a 2-8 start made it look like a lost season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tommy-devito-and-will-levis-each-get-their-third-wins-of-the-season

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tommy DeVito has 8 TDs in five starts. Bryce has 9 in twelve.

Levis has thrown for 250+ yards in two games in seven starts. Bryce hasn't accomplished this feat yet.

It’s sad. I want to find hope in his play, and I hope he uses this offseason to really hit the reset button, but it’s hard to have hope when you see other teams with obvious deficiencies across the team, still performing well with a rookie QB….even Undrafted. 

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

DJ Moore, Levi’s, and a running game wouldn’t look too shabby right now in comparison 😫

and a first round pick and a few second rounders

While aknowleging how badly the Panthers blew this it can't be overooked that the majority of our community was just as horribly wrong about these QBs

Edited by csx
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Levis is looking like the real deal. I remember when everyone was shitting on him during the pre draft process.  But that athleticism and arm strength just made me think if he cleans some things up he would be okay. He has been way better than that.

I didn't like him as a prospect and honestly I still doubt he pans out long-term but at least he has talent to work with and develop.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tommy DeVito has 8 TDs in five starts. Bryce has 9 in twelve.

Levis has thrown for 250+ yards in two games in seven starts. Bryce hasn't accomplished this feat yet.

Dalton threw for 300+ yards plays 2 TD’s in his one start with this same “terrible offense with no playmakers’ 

• Pie 5