• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora Hearing that Scott will be Gone

Panthercougar68

15 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Remember when people laughed at the idea that Hurney was a better GM than Fitt?

Not nearly as funny anymore. 

Hasn't been funny for years.

Hurney's track record of first rounders was so good and we're sorely missing it now

• Pie 4

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah, it's still funny.

That said, Hurney didn't sabotage his own head coach,.so there's that.

While Hurney was no savant, he was a better GM and built better teams than Fit has. And Hurney could make trades that benefited us. Fitterer is the kind of guy that has salesmen falling all over themselves to get to him first at the car lot. He's a total rube, a mark, a sucker.

And believe me, there are soooo many better options out there than either of those guys. How could we not have stumbled across one by accident even???

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

While Hurney was no savant, he was a better GM and built better teams than Fit has. And Hurney could make trades that benefited us. Fitterer is the kind of guy that has salesmen falling all over themselves to get to him first at the car lot. He's a total rube, a mark, a sucker.

Hurney was here a lot longer and did over a decade worth of damage. I'd add that hitting on first rounders is a lot easier when the sh-tty roster you built last year keeps getting you high draft picks.

He also had no accountability. It was well known that he was GM for life as long as Richardson was in charge. If not for the jeans day scandal he'd likely have been here right up till Richardson passed.

One of the biggest things you have to remember though is he was a big part of why we ended up with Matt Rhule.

The immense damage Rhule did is partially Hurney's fault, and that tips the scales for me.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And believe me, there are soooo many better options out there than either of those guys. How could we not have stumbled across one by accident even???

Ownership.

Richardson believed in Hurney. Hell, he even fired a guy with a much better record so he could bring him back.

Tepper waited too long to fire Hurney then forced his next hire to work under Rhule.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One of the biggest things you have to remember though is he was a big part of why we ended up with Matt Rhule.

The immense damage Rhule did is partially Hurney's fault, and that tips the scales for me.

It’s like people forget that Marty was here before Matt and Matt was here before Scott.

Keeping Marty was the first domino.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney was here a lot longer and did over a decade worth of damage. I'd add that hitting on first rounders is a lot easier when the sh-tty roster you built last year keeps getting you high draft picks.

He also had no accountability. It was well known that he was GM for life as long as Richardson was in charge. If not for the jeans day scandal he'd likely have been here right up till Richardson passed.

We didn't "repeatedly get high draft picks". 7-9 was our floor for most of Hurney's tenure. Three of our best picks, Chris Gamble Jon Beason and DeAngelo Williams, were late first-rounders.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hasn't been easy for Fitterer.  Hurney wasn't a good GM, but he did much better than Fitterer.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Hasn't been easy for Fitterer.  Hurney wasn't a good GM, but he did much better than Fitterer.

Hurney at least had an eye for talent. He was about as boom or bust as it got. His hits were home runs. His whiffs were catastrophic.

• Pie 1