• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: On Tepper, Matt Rhule vs Bill Belichick Mentality, CAR's Failures @ Coaching CMC, Sam Darnold Lack of Accountability

Saca312

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

By certain other fanbases too...

I will say I think he's wrong about Dak Prescott not being a difference maker. Not so sure that applies to Jared Goff either.

Tua and Purdy though? There's an argument there.

I just think it’s Bullshit that Cam is getting roasted for saying exactly what the Colin Cowherds and Skip Bayless’ of the world say everyday on ESPN or Radio and they don’t get the backlash.

I don’t agree with what he said about Dak, but the attacks back at Cam have been personal and nothing about Football.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Just now, Saca312 said:

I'd like to think that in his framework, they excel from a system in which they are given easy choices as to what to do. Having playmakers and a framework that is more guided to make less mistakes is what I like to think Cam means when talking about system QBs, who need a better environment to excel. Not necessarily just dink and dunk.

I will concur that Dak Prescott has played lights out and Cam shouldn't have dinged him as much for that. Sure, a chance in offensive approach helps and he has a great supporting cast, but he's arguably making plays out of structure and doing well with that as well.

Kurt Warner had a pretty good response to that...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I just think it’s Bullshit that Cam is getting roasted for saying exactly what the Colin Cowherds and Skip Bayless’ of the world say everyday on ESPN or Radio and they don’t get the backlash.

I don’t agree with what he said about Dak, but the attacks back at Cam have been personal and nothing about Football.

Cowherd and Bayless don't get backlash because they regularly say stupid sh-t, so it's kind of expected.

As far as Newton, some of those clapbacks are coming from teammates of the guys he mentioned. Ya gotta expect that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kurt Warner had a pretty good response to that...

That's a very solid response.

Cam's worldview for game changer seems to rest in athleticism/maximizing talent in any situation, while game managers succeed only in a specific system and thereby are limited in that facet.

Definitely a lot of variance in the definition of game changer vs game manager, and heck interpretation of such  will obviously vary from person to person.

Understandable there will be pushbacks with different perspectives. I definitely respect Cam Newton's opinion and agree for the most part, aside some of his examples.

• Pie 1

Cam is getting a reality check in how people still view him despite being a former MVP. The man changed the game and they're giving him the same treatment from yesteryear. They'll agree with you on Bryce Young because Alabama but if you go too far they're at your neck.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

Wake me when Dak wins more than 1 game in the playoffs.

One response I saw was that Newton never had back to back winning seasons while Prescott's never had a losing season.

I'd call that more of an organizatioal thing. It is also true though that Prescott still has a chance to change that,

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

That's a very solid response.

Cam's worldview for game changer seems to rest in athleticism/maximizing talent in any situation, while game managers succeed only in a specific system and thereby are limited in that facet.

Definitely a lot of variance in the definition of game changer vs game manager, and heck interpretation of such  will obviously vary from person to person.

Understandable there will be pushbacks with different perspectives. I definitely respect Cam Newton's opinion and agree for the most part, aside some of his examples.

Technically that definition would put Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Joe Montana and others in the "game manager" category, but as Warner points out that really shouldn't be considered a slight.

I think a lot of West Coast guys get that label. I know two of the guys Newton named are in Shanahan style systems.

• Beer 1

I maintain to this day that hiring Dave Gettleman kept this team from a Super Bowl win. Absolute trash GM who blew holes in our roster because of ego, couldn't draft for anything, and apparently tried to impose dress codes on players (???). Absolutely baffling.

• Pie 2