• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Brown on wife's social media

Mr. Scot

The sample size is small, but his playcalling has been atrocious. Just look at last game. Run for over 200 yards and doesn’t trust the team to get a yard on fourth down. 

Any team that hires him to be a play caller is making a mistake, and while I understand his wife sticking up for him, I don’t think the NFL is cut out for mama boys. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

To be fair, I didn't say as a coordinator, just hired at some position.  I agree, he has shown nothing as a play caller.

It's not just the playcalling. He wrote the playbook.

I would guess he'll get another job as a runningback coach somewhere, and maybe with more time he'll be ready to be an OC.

Unfortunately for us, this is the second time in the last few years that we've put an "up-and-comer" in that spot only to find out they weren't ready yet.

• Pie 2

His wife went a bit far and he's not going to comment much on it.  It's really a non-issue. They all know they're all gone anyways, that's pretty much what she was saying. 

He's got some good coaches who respect him (not necessarily as a playcaller) and imagine he'll end up in Minny or LAR in due time in a similar capacity to what he was.  

Nothing to really see here.  

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

His wife went a bit far and he's not going to comment much on it.  It's really a non-issue. They all know they're all gone anyways, that's pretty much what she was saying. 

He's got some good coaches who respect him (not necessarily as a playcaller) and imagine he'll end up in Minny or LAR in due time in a similar capacity to what he was.  

Nothing to really see here.  

The "we know we're already fired" part was essentially correct, but putting it in a way that made it sound like they were just going through the motions was a bad look.

Don't know that it'll follow him given all the dysfunction this team has anyway, but it probably would have been better left unsaid.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Unfortunately for us, this is the second time in the last few years that we've put an "up-and-comer" in that spot only to find out they weren't ready yet.

Yeah and then they’ll go elsewhere and succeed (Joe Brady).

Just like the players that fail here and succeed at their next stop (too many to name). 

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

Yeah and then they’ll go elsewhere and succeed (Joe Brady).

Just like the players that fail here and succeed at their next stop (too many to name). 

Brady went down a step to quarterback coach and got more experience. His second stint as an OC has a limited sample but so far looks better than his first one.

Won't surprise me if Brown does the same thing.

• Beer 1