• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

29 minutes ago, Martin said:

It was an exciting way to finish the game, great drive by the whole team. Chuba has really progressed this year. ISM is a very intriguing player, not sure why he wasn’t featured earlier in the year. Defense, led by Brown again was great. 

Our coaching staff addressed it weeks ago.  Frank said Mingo was just way too good to take off the field for anyone else lol. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Our coaching staff addressed it weeks ago.  Frank said Mingo was just way too good to take off the field for anyone else lol. 

He's just taking over the role Shenault was doing.  It's nothing new, just a new person doing it since Shenault is on IR.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

All his balls take forever to get to where he wants them. I just don’t see how is arm is going to be able to get to where it needs be at this level

That’s the thing . I think he’s getting away with it now because he does have elite anticipation. But he needs to develop some more and work on his fastball so to speak. It is possible he could improve on it with strength training. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Just gotta make sure you understand the Irony in your previous post, that's all.

There is no irony. You felt the need to respond to me with the tidbit, not the other way around. The NFL is a business and it's in their interest to prop up high draft picks. Means nothing, especially when one actually watched it and the season on the whole.

Edited by KSpan

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Y'all are really grasping at anything at this point. That was not a "#1 overall pick" drive. Good? Certainly. But Bryce made terrible short and slow throws and got bailed out a couple of times. 

You want to see a game-winning, game-changing QB performance on a late-game drive? Go check out Flacco's TD pass to Amari Cooper today.

I did, and it was great execution by Cooper and Flacco. I did not see any rain and win, given that I still like the Panthers better. 

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Who is miserable? I just don't get caught up in rose-colored nonsense like this, and being as apathetic about the team as Tepper has made many makes it quite easy to objectively evaluate what we're seeing without any emotional impact. Carolina was lucky that Atlanta didn't care to win today and that Ridder went completely braindead.

A lot of games are decided by “luck.” We had Atlanta beat last year and a referee called back a D.J. Moore touchdown because he took off his helmet, then we missed a game winning field goal. I think they Atlanta was lucky then. We may not win again this year, but I am going to enjoy this for a week. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

A lot of games are decided by “luck.” We had Atlanta beat last year and a referee called back a D.J. Moore touchdown because he took off his helmet, then we missed a game winning field goal. I think they Atlanta was lucky then. We may not win again this year, but I am going to enjoy this for a week. 

Nowhere have I suggested the win shouldn't be enjoyed. I'm just not down with celebrating average-at-best QB performance after a day of awful QB performance as something great.